6. In The Morning

-Brooklyn-

Any other morning I would wake up to the sun blinding me from the window, but not this morning. This morning the room was dark, the blinds were open and the curtains weren't drawn but the sky was still dark. Not midnight dark but the darkness before a major storm. What was more unusual than the sun not shining this morning was that Booby was sound asleep. He would usually be awake, making coffee and breakfast, finishing work for school, or playing the damn game. For a while I just watched his chest rise and fall and listened to his soft snore. This was such a rare moment for me, so I chose to enjoy it while it lasted.

I soon got bored with being up alone and grabbed my phone from the nightstand and disconnected the charger. The home screen revealed 3 text messages and 2 missed calls from Melanie. I checked the 2 texts from Melanie first then the other text from Damon.

 I checked the 2 texts from Melanie first then the other text from Damon

I peeled back the covers careful not to wake up Booby, climbed out of bed, and went to the closet to find a quick outfit to put on to go across the hall

I peeled back the covers careful not to wake up Booby, climbed out of bed, and went to the closet to find a quick outfit to put on to go across the hall. Simultaneously, I dialed Mel's number and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Hey whore, how was the sex last night? A few people were talking about what you said to Willow last night and after I heard what you said, I know you got some after y'all left." Mel rambled after picking up the phone on the second ring.

"Quite exceptional if you must know. How was yours because I know that when you and G..." I trailed off as I rambled in the medicine cabinet for the bottle of Excedrin.

"Nothing happened Brook, I actually watched Harmony for you.....until-" She muttered the end of her sentence as quiet as possible but unfortunately for her I still heard what she said.

"Until what Melanie?" I found the Excedrin and popped two then washed it down with a gulp of water from the sink. I put the rest aside for Booby because I know how his hangovers torture him, as for me I have to take precautions so my hangover won't sneak up on me.