14. Realer

-Brooklyn-

As if I don't have enough on my plate here comes Life always adding an extra ton of bullshit onto the load I already have. Surprisingly, a night out with the squad had me feeling completely free for the first time in a long time. No need to look over my shoulder all night wondering if someone is glaring at me for standing on a couch dancing. It wasn't until I arrived in Huntsville that it felt like cuffs were clasping around my ankles once again, holding me down with chains and a metal ball attached. My morning consisted of gathering the remnants of Daniel's belongings, placing them in a Walmart bag next to the front door, and making my home mine again with a very thorough cleaning. I hoped and prayed that Daniel not being around would last long enough for me to get him off of my mind even with me seeing images in my head of him coming down my hallway in only a pair of Nike shorts fresh out of the shower. All I could think to myself now is how that image is the image of Lucifer himself. My prayers were answered and with the rest of the alone time I had before I would be bothered with more work, I took the most peaceful nap I've had in months.

My alarm rang at a quarter til 7, and I was not very anxious to get out of bed as I groggily sat up and swung my feet off of the edge of the bed. I grabbed my laptop from the top of my dresser along with two dutches and a sandwich bag of weed then headed into the living room to make it look as hospitable as possible. Before I made myself comfortable I picked up my phone from it's charging pad and made a Group FaceTime call but only two people answered which was good enough for me.

"Hey sis!" Sasha chirped smiling at me on camera.

"Hey suh, I'm pulling up right now." Aaliyah said right before hanging up.

"Where you at Sash?" I asked as I sat down to break down the gas I had on the table in front of me.

"Getting off the interstate girl I had to stop by the beauty supply before I came over. I'm almost there though it's not gonna take me long." She replied in her light tone. Before I responded to her, I got up to unlock the door after hearing Aaliyah knock. To my surprise she was accompanied by Benji and Amari, Quincy was also hot on her tail but that's nothing new.

"Hey girl heyy!" Amari giggled, pulling me in for a tight embrace.

"Hey boo boo!" I laughed as we rocked side to side before letting each other go. "When you get here the door is unlocked Sash." I hung up the phone and led everyone to the living room so that they could make themselves comfortable.

"See this why I like coming over here, Brook you be ready for company like us." Quincy commented as he plopped down on my loveseat. "The house smell all fresh and she over there rolling up for us."

"That's that southern hospitality." I chuckled as I started breaking down the dutch.

"So everybody else must be coming with Sasha." Aaliyah said as she opened up my laptop and plugged her phone up to it.

"Yeah hun. She got Justin, Sal, Melanie, and Pierre riding with her." Amari informed her and took a seat next to her on the arm of the couch so that she had a clear view of the computer screen.

"Ewwww Mel still be fuckin with him? Could not be me bitch." Aaliyah chuckled.

"Girl let me not even get started." I shook my head and finished rolling the first dutch.

"Naw bitch, what you was gonna say?" Amari smirked at me behind Aaliyah's head.

"Nothing sweetheart. I wasn't going to say a thing about that woman or that man." I smirked back at her, knowing that she knew exactly what I was thinking. Aaliyah took a second to examine the glances that Amari and I gave each other then caught onto our wave of thinking.