3. Work It Out

-Brooklyn-

"Brooklyn, you sleep?"

"Hmm?"

"Wake up girl." Booby chuckled over the phone.

"What time is it?" I asked as I stretched and grabbed my phone and put only half of my face in the camera.

"6:30 and your first class is at 7:30 so you need to be getting a move on." He shook his head then smiled showing off his pearly whites.

"You brushed your teeth this morning?" I asked, making him laugh although I was being serious.

"I did. Now go brush yours." He told me while I was finally getting up and heading to the bathroom. I looked over at Leticia's side of the room and she was already gone meaning I had the bathroom all to myself this morning.

"I don't even listen to my own father, what makes you think I'll listen to you?" I sassed him. I stood my phone up, leaning it against the mirror. I left the bathroom and grabbed a pair of sweatpants with a matching sleeveless hoodie, a pair of pink boyshorts and a matching sports bra.

"I never said you had to listen. I was just giving my advice, take it or leave it. Only you can prevent stank breath." He shrugged and I shook my head to keep myself from laughing. Last night I think I might've woke Leticia up a couple of times with my loud talking. In the midst of our regular call, I let him FaceTime me so he could show me where he was housed. Omega Psi Phi housing. Given this amount of information, I made up my mind not to fuck with him on a serious level. Friends, that's all we can be.

I paused the FaceTime and got in the shower while Booby occupied himself with the company of one of his roommates. Only four of them lived in the house. Aundrus, Booby, Paxton and a fourth roommate that I still wasn't familiar with. He explained to me that Paxton is always an asshole but some of the females here like it and fall for his rude mentality. I think it may just be for his body because there ain't no way in hell that I'll fuck with somebody like him. Aundrus is a goof. Booby says he is just that nigga and I could see exactly why he would say that. He's a gentleman, he's funny, and his face and physique is something that you'll only see in movies, not in person. But Booby, I want to figure him out on my own because there is just something about him. I can't exactly point it out but it's something.

I got out of the shower, dried off, moisturized, and got dressed then unpaused the call. I didn't let him know that I unpaused it, I just continued to get myself ready.

"Damn baby, yo skin glowin'. Gimme some of what you got." I rolled my eyes at Aundrus' boyish comment. I spit the toothpaste out then rinsed before I replied to him.

"I would expect something a little more poetic from someone like you." I told him and he grinned and shook his head.

"Nah imma save them words for later." He handed the phone back to Booby and left his room.

"Damn, you is glowing." He smirked, licking his lips.

"Of course, I just got out of the shower." I said as I brushed my hair into a ponytail at the top of my head.

"Aww, and you gone rock the lil cheerleader ponytail today. How cute!" He teased. I flipped him off and applied some edge control to my edges then lip gloss to my lips.