8. His arms around her

"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell." - Joan Crawford.

-

Tsholofelo Mofokeng.

I don't know what is wrong with me ? perhaps i am too excited. I have been feeling all giddy since the morning incidence, i can't help it. Could one possibly enjoy something because it's forbidden. A forbidden fruit makes the whole catch much more worth it.

Leonardo Le Roux.

"Uncle Johan tell me more about your workers ?" I questioned not wanting to point out the obvious.

"Why do you ask ?" He bluntly turned to look at me and honestly his glares didn't scare me anymore. Sitting in the garden enjoying the sun,while drinking to his cape vine wine. In Netherlands it's never this sunny, i should enjoy the African heat while it lasts. The pool water in front of us glistened like shiny droplets, with the heat radiating, i felt like a swim was quite inviting. I just assumed this would be a great time to learn more about the girl I kissed in the morning. God knows if she hadn't stopped me, we would have went further. Her innocence draws me closer, the way her breath hitched when I touched her. I loved knowing that no one had ever done that to her magnificent body that's why she shivered just by the tip of my touch.

"Nothing really. I just want to learn more about your life in South Africa." I sugar-coated  then an instant grin was quite visible on his face.

"Uh, that's good. You are actually intelligent like your father said. I was starting to think he was mistaken." He sipped on his wine.

Laughter erupted from my somber lips. "So how does me asking about your life in South Africa, prove that I'm intelligent ?" I hoped he sensed the irony.

"If I had a son like you, i would probably have kicked you out of my house." He said with a stern look. "Your jokes are not welcome here." He pursued his lips.

"You know you are so lonely you enjoy my companion." I gave him a pat on the back making him cringe.

"I can not wait until you return, infact I will book you a hotel room just up north." He said making me laugh.

"I'm not going anywhere. You will just have to stand me for a while longer." I smirked then gulped down all my wine. "So about your workers, how is Aldo ?" I tried swaying the conversation left so I could later return to my main idea 'Hope'

"Aldo is from a Township called Eldorado park. He used to be a druggie before I gave him this job." He explained calmly.

"That's sad." I thought.

"Nothing is sad unless you are the one in that situation." He said proudly.

"Your have a heart of stone remember ?" I said calmly.

"Anyways the maids there is Nandi she has been working for me for nine years now. She is one of the oldest maids." He said with pride. I gave him a nod wanting him to get to Hope already.

"Thembi is also a maid here. Sis Nandi referred her to me and she hasn't disappointed the list." He paused. "Then the last maid is Felo she is twenty and her cooking a bizarre."

I listened carefully. "Oh and her family ?" I acted not interested.

"Everything about that girl is pathetically sad." He mumbled and I think it was the first time I saw him having a sense of sympathy towards anyone.

"She really need this job that's what I can tell you." He shook his head with a bitter expression.

"I think every non-white really needs a job in South Africa." I tried brightening the now, sour mood.

"Here you go again.." He shook his head in distress.

"I haven't, you should understand that this is weird for me. In Netherlands such things don't happen, well everywhere but Africa. I'm really trying to adjust but I don't think I can." I explained.

"The sooner the better." He said with a scoff.

"Excuse me Meneer." Aldo said removing his hat. I honestly didn't understand why he always removed his hat whenever he addressed my uncle...such weird customs.

"Yes, Aldo. You better have a solid reason for disturbing me and my nephew." He scrunched his face in distaste.

"Daar is n' man daar. He wants to see Tsholo." He explained and it seemed English was a struggle but nonetheless uncle Johan understood what he was trying to say. My ears only paid much more attention when I heard the name T-s-h-o-l-o, goodness I still need to practice the name.

"Feloooooooo ?" He yelled. "Let the young man come in." He said sounding as if he was aware of who the stranger was. I felt the tiniest jealousy.

"Ja Meneer." Aldo nodded putting his hat back on.

A few minutes later a young man walked towards us. Aldo led him towards the garden. He was had the same caramel dark skin like Hope. He was dressed in worn out blue jeans and a t-shirt with worn out converse...honestly nothing special. I eyed him from top to bottom, this could be Hope's potential boyfriend and here she was telling me that no man had ever touched her. Why was I even getting mad ? I don't care infact I have a girlfriend.

"Meneer ?" He said he greeted my uncle and I but I just turned to look away.

"Have you found a job ?" My uncle asked curiously not even greeting him.

"Yes, a really paying one." the man said arrogantly, it was the first time anyone had ever spoke to my uncle like that apart from myself...I was quite intrigued.

"Hmm interesting." My uncle scoffed. "Do you have a pass because today I'm not going to save you from the neighborhood security." He sipped on his wine.

"Smh vele mina don't need a pass, i am a South African. I can walk around anywhere I want.." He spoke with an accent.

"You are too confident for my liking boy ?" My uncle gave him a stern look. "You won't be saying the same thing when you get a good beating at the police station."

"Oh-ho like that scares me." He smirked. I saw Hope coming downstairs the way her face instantly smiled when she saw the stranger made me clench my teeth. She looked so happy. Infact she literally ran towards him. Hugging him like her life depended on it. He lifted her up and I felt the green monster wanting to manifest in me. She didn't even acknowledge me and or my uncle and I know how she fears him but right now she didn't care what he thought. They were both now speaking a language I didn't understand and it's official she isn't as innocent as I thought. She has a boyfriend and she didn't say anything when I touched her.

- but she stopped you.

She told me, she had never done or seen- argh infact I feel like a fool. What was i thinking ? this girl is not my type. Maybe I like the danger of touching something forbidden but whatever. This time next year I probably won't remember her name. I will be back in Amsterdam with Grace. I abruptly stood up.

"Uncle I will be in my room." I said turning on my heel, i looked back and I saw them so happy conversing back and fourth. I don't know why i utterly distasted them- by them...both of them.

vote ♤ commentthanks for the positive comments

vote ♤ comment
thanks for the positive comments.