9. Disgusted by me.

" Whatever our soul are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte

-

Tsholofelo Mofokeng.

"Don't ever do that to me again." I hugged my brother once more feeling watery substance attempting to escape each eye.

"Kanti you actually care." He teased pinching my cheeks.

"Ofcause, i do." I muttered. I looked back and saw Leo walking towards the glass sliding door into the house while Ruiter concentrated on his news paper.

"I just came to check up on you." He smirked.

"Stop lying, you came to ask for money." I rolled my eyes.

"No, infact I have a job now." He said proudly.

"Really ?" I jumped up and down.

"Yep and this is for your sistera wam ?" He handed me a R200 note making me gasp because this was more than my weekly wage. I would have to work four weeks to get this amount.

"Where did you get so much money ?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"My job ofcause." He put his hands in his pocket.

"What kind of a job is that ?" I pursued my lips in a thin line.

"I work at Vusi's garage. You know fixing cars." He shrugged looking away.

"Oh...you earn this much." I asked again.

"Smh if you don't want the money just give me Keh. Kanti what do you take me for ? a criminal." He grabbed the R200 and shoved it in his back pocket.

"Oh, I'm sorry...I'm just looking out for you that's all. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I said calmly.

"Now can I have it back. I mean I do deserve some pampering ?" I poked his arm trying to get him to smile and he did. He then handed me back the R200 note.

"I'm so proud of you, Sam." I hugged him feeling a tear escaping my left eye.

"Sure." He giddily smiled.

We talked more and I told him about our father.

"Tsholo..." he shrugged looking anywhere but me. "I knew, i just didn't want to tell you." When these words left his mouth, i was hurt. I thought we shared everything, Sam always told me everything. Sam was my brother, he would never do anything to hurt me.

"I didn't want to hurt you." He laid his hand on my shoulder as I tried to contemplate what was happening in this time and moment.

"But you are hurting me right now by not having told me anything." I whisper yelled when I saw Leo staring down at us from the second floor balcony. Something was different, his eyes weren't warm they seemed cold as ice.

"You know how naive you are. You are probably going to cry right now." He spat back.

"No I'm not." I mumbled tears threatening to escape from my eyes.
Don't cry Tsholo, don't you dare do this

"See, now you want to cry. He doesn't deserve your love Tsholo. Our father is a pathetic bast-"

"Don't you dare say such things about our father same." I defended quickly blinking a few tears away.

"In that case your father not mine. I don't have a father, to me he is dead." Sam said grimly.

"We will discuss this over the weekend." I said calmly. " Not here."

"I won't be there..." He shrugged.

"Why-" i was cut off.

"I will be at work." He added.

"So when will I see you." I shuddered at the thought of not seeing my brother every weekend. He was all I had at this moment.

"You just saw me right now." He chuckled.

"Argh fine Sam." I muttered. "I have to go. Thanks for you know.." I nodded at him.

"Well I don't know." He gave a cheeky smile.

"For looking for a job and actually putting an effort. Thanks for caring about me." I weakly smiled and he nodded. I abruptly pulled pulled him in for a hug. My eyes had began to become teary and that moment I realised he was all I had. I hugged him tight with every ounce of emotion in my body. He was my brother and I know he would never forsake me even though he constantly hurt me with his words...deep down he really cared about me.

Not much was said after. I watched him as he walked towards the gates. Aldo opening the electronic gate for him. I felt proud of him. he actually managed to look for a job. He was being responsible and I liked that. When he was eventually out of site I turned back only to see Leonardo staring from the balcony as soon as our eyes met. He rolled his eyes and turned away. It stung like a bee.

Had I done something wrong ? oh no it finally dawned onto me

He was disgusted by what we had done earlier. I traced my thumb on my lips remembering how he tasted and-

He was disgusted. I knew this feeling wouldn't last forever. Sadness always seems to find its way back into my soul.

My view on life right now is whatever happens, happens.

vote ♡ comment