15. Only fools fall.

"People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense." ~ Ken Kesey

Tsholofelo Mofokeng.

"This tastes funny mahn." Aldo said with a disapproving look. Leo and I wanted to burst out laughing.

"I'm offended that's my grandmother's Appeltaart recipe." Leo said faking being hurt.

"We ain't used to these things maybe you should leave some for Mr. De Ruiter." I said in all honesty, it look scrumptious but it tasted funny. I mean cooked apples isn't so great or maybe I'm just not used to it.

"Okay so what do you eat around here ?" Leo asked curiously.

"Kota." Aldo and I said in unison.

"I mean die Eldos Kota obviously." Aldo said arrogantly.

"I mean the Kota from Soweto." I said crossing my arms.

"What's Quarter ?" Leo questioned still eating his apple what not.

"It's bread and-" Aldo was interrupted by the knock on the door. We both started panicking. If Mr. De Ruiter found us having breakfast on his dinning table with Leo, oh goodness I do not want to even fathom the feeling of terror that would wash over my entire body.

"Oh Here ( oh God ), ons is dood (we are dead). Aldo whispered to himself but loud enough for both Leo and I to here.

"I will get the door." Leo chuckled at the way Aldo and I were acting. Ofcause he wouldn't know the feeling of always feeling like you were doing something wrong even if you had not only because of your skin color. I made myself busy by going to the kitchen. Clearing up the kitchen counter. I slightly peaked from the corner of the kitchen door.

"Ek is Randy. Neighborhood watch." I felt relief wash over me. I hated Randy, i just hated him. He was an arrogant racist bastard well ain't they all ? I rolled my eyes sarcastically. He almost put my brother in trouble the other day. It was ofcause entirely my brother's fault but-

"And ?" Leo rudely remarked.

"Mr. Johan told me to come over check if everything is okay..." He walked in looking around then his dog followed which made me really mad because I will have to clean again.

"Well I'm not a child, I'm fine." Leo said in a fussy manor. I hadn't even realised Aldo had used the back door to go outside leaving me alone.

"I know but you are new here so you might not know how things work with the Kaefers." He said clicking his tongue, his hands in his pockets.

"They are just like monkeys. You should not be nice to them because they will take advantage of you." Randy said in a nonchalant tone.

"You should go." Leo said in a bored tone, holding the door open for him.