5

Sitting in the restaurant we were waiting for this fire curry to be made for me. Bakugo told me how even he had a bit of difficulty finishing it within the thirty minutes.

The challenge was to eat it, with only one glass of milk, with in thirty minutes and it was free. If you won they took your picture and hung in on a wall. I could see Bakugo's picture up there on the wall. A proud and slightly arrogant smile on his visibly sweaty face.

Not many people have done it before considering the lack of photos on the wall.

"So... why did you lie about meeting classmates to study?" Bakugo asked out of the blue. He had his elbow on the table, his knuckles pressed against his cheek as he looked at me. I could see the curious confusion in those glaring ruby eyes of his.

Our eyes met as I smiled. "I didn't want to make things worse for you since she already thought we were together. I figured if I said there would be others she wouldn't think it was a date."

Silence fell between us. His cheeks flushed into a soft pink hue as he grumbled. Those crimson eyes stared off into the distance now. Almost like he couldn't look at me.

I wonder. Is this a date? I mean it would look like one to an outsider. A male and female out to eat dinner together. By them selves.

"Is this a date?" I accidentally thought out loud.

Bakugo instantly turned red and stuttered for a short moment. "OF COURSE NOT!" He finally managed to growl out, a scowl on his face once again.

I hummed softly and crossed my arms on the table. I looked over the blond, curious. His reaction was so over the top. He seemed embarrassed. I don't understand why though. Is he not good with girls? Or maybe I just make him nervous? I doubt that, I don't think anyone really makes him nervous. "Sorry, I don't know what would be considered a date. I've never really thought about dating before so it never crossed my mind."

This seemed to get his attention. "Well why not? I figured you would of had a boyfriend by now..."

"Not really. For the past ten years my existence of who I truly am has been hush hush. Plus I was training most of the time. The little time not training I was either with All Might or in school to become a pro." I shrugged my shoulders, a frown tugging on my lips. "I was too smart for my age so I went through school quicker than most. Like I graduated top of my class two years ago at UA. So I was still pretty young when going through high school considering I graduated at fourteen. So my fellow classmates were a good bit older than me. Plus no one wants to date someone that can read their mind and is younger than you."

"Damn... that kinda sucks." Bakugo grumbled, a frown replacing his ever present scowl. It was better than before as his face relaxed some but it was still unhappy. "Did you have any friends at least?"

"No. I honestly didn't. I mentioned to you before how it was hard for me to have friends with how my quirk works." A frown tugged my lips down as I played with the straw in my glass of water. I could feel the heated gaze of the male across from me still on my face. "Plus with being so smart and young I didn't fit in. At the time I didn't mind, I didn't want friends. I didn't see a need for friends.

"I have an unpleasant past and my reasons for going through school so soon was also because of that. It wasn't till I became a pro did I finally kinda open up. I was honestly a cold hearted bitch back then. I didn't care about anyone except my self. I was cold towards my classmates and usually ignored everything except my studies."

"I can't see that." Bakugo sighed and took a large drink of his soda. "You are so damn nice to everyone now. I can't see you being a cold bitch."

I laughed loudly pulling the males attention back to me. "Well honestly I have changed a lot since then. Helping others has made me happier than I ever have been. I have made some good friends in the Hero world now that I opened up. So I don't mind that I had no friends in school. It is a small bump in the long road of life."