14

The next time I opened my eyes everything was blurred and unfocused. It took a long moment for me to regain my bearings. It looked like I was in a hospital room, the painfully familiar plain, off color hospital white walls was a dead giveaway. Looking around the room slowly I tried to regain my focus. My attention went to the only colorful thing in the room. A beautiful bouquet of flowers in a pretty vase sat on the table next to me. A small card that said Get Well Soon was half hidden in the mixture of beautifully arranged flowers. It was mostly lush roses but some white lilies stood out against the crimson roses. They looked so vibrant and fresh, having obviously not been there for long. Probably not even a day old.

I wonder who left me the flowers...

Looking my self over now I half dreaded what I was going to see. Thankfully though I was covered in blankets up to my chest but I was obviously still in one of those dreadful hospital gowns. My arms were left out from under the covers though, the only part of my body I could actually see. One arm had a couple of those plastic bracelets on my wrist. However the other had an IV planted in my forearm. Some type of liquid was dripping and pumping into my body slowly. Probably to keep my self from becoming dehydrated. Now that I think about it my throat feels raw and parched. Like I hadn't drank anything in days.

Hell it probably has been days.

Struggling I moved to push my self up. A sharp wince left me as an excruciating pain ripped through my stomach. Shit why did that hurt so bad!? Oh yeah, I was injured huh? Fuck, I forgot about that. What happened though? I remember that nomu grabbing Izuku and I then... I think Stain saved us? I remember that I had tried to protect Izuku but that's when I passed out. Obviously he was stopped if I'm not dead but what happened?

The soft click of the door opening caught my attention. Walking to the room was an unfamiliar woman. She wasn't a nurse or a doctor since she wasn't wearing scrubs. Instead she just wore normal civilian cloths. A loose but comfortable looking lavender shirt with some tight black jeans, not what I would be expecting from someone in the hospital. So she defiantly wasn't my nurse, which was concerning considering that she just waltzed into my hospital room. She looked oddly familiar in a way but I didn't recognize her either which confused me. I watched her carefully as she approached my bed side.

She was a taller woman, absolutely beautiful. Almost ethereal in appearance. Flawless skin that was the perfect balance between pale and tan. Bright, inhuman looking eyes that looked like molten silver stood out against her dark makeup. Dark blue fading into vibrant blue hair flowed around her shoulders with one side shaved down to a short stubble. Multiple piercings in her exposed ear glistened from the lights in the room. A kind smile on her perfectly pouted lips. She looked like a modern day goddess, not a single flaw on the perfect looking woman.

"Hello Hikari. It's good to see that you're awake." Her voice was sensual in the best of ways. Like smooth melted chocolate, soothing and gentle. "You gave everyone quiet the scare you know? Passing out after such a bad injury."

"Who are you?" I asked in a raspy, guarded voice. She wasn't a hero I recognized so she could still be a villain for all I know. And in my current state I wouldn't be able to fight back if she is. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the Traveler, but please just call me Trav. And I'm here to see you." Her voice was so relaxing I couldn't help but relax as she sat on the edge of my hospital bed. Her movements were slow, her voice gentle but her gaze was steady and almost intense as she watched me. It was like she was trying to make sure she didn't come off as a threat to me. Like she was purposely trying to seem as harmless as possible. "Just to chat of course so don't worry."

I watched her carefully. She held a kind smile on her face but her eyes held a wisdom I couldn't even fathom. I tried to enter her mind but it was like there was a wall blocking me from getting in. I furrowed my brows in confusion as she gently reached out and caressed my cheek. Her cool fingers ghosting over my cheek. Having to suppress the shiver her light caress almost caused I kept my eyes on her. Still on edge even though something about her made me want to relax and feel at ease.