Chapter 1

"Stop...stopp...stooopp..."

She screamed running behind the bus but the bus didn't stop and went away.

"Aare ek minute ruk jaoge toh koyn sa toofan aa jayega!" Sanyukta said in frustration.

"Interview ka time ho raha hai ab toh taxi hi leni padegi!" She said check the time and take a cab.

                               * * * * * * * * *

"Sanyukta Agarwal?"

"Yes, that's me." Sanyukta replied as the receptionist called her name.

"You are next." The receptionist said and she stood up.

"Miss Agarwal, your CV is really impressive but give me one reason why I hire you?" Mr. Harshvardhan Singh Shekhawat, the CEO of the ''Shekhawat Empire'' asked her.

"Sir, according to you my CV is impressive and you are impressed too." Sanyukta replied with a smile.

"That's not enough lady, this is a corporate world, quite serious and quite boring for girls. Do you really think that you will find it interesting and also fit here?" Mr. Harsh shot that question at her. 

"Why not sir! If not a single girl shows her interest here before that doesn't mean nobody will show her interest in future! Men were always neglected us but the truth is we are not less than them." Sanyukta spat back. Mr. Harsh was astonished by her reply. No one could dare to reply to him as before.

"Yeah that's true. Girls will achieve many things if they get chances. But isn't it difficult for a girl like you, you looks very delicate and a soft one, so meetings, discussion, clients, board members, late night meetings and yeah obviously late night parties aren't difficult for you? Do you really think you will survive here, Miss Agarwal?" Mr. Harsh gave her such a tough time and smirked inwardly. Sanyukta looked at Mr. Harsh for some seconds then said.

"Will you survive at any village sir? Without A.C, car and other luxuries which are necessary for your daily life? Cut the woods and collect them from the jungle, gathering water from wells, digging, farming, milking which other men did in the villages!" She counters back.

"Physical strength is not required for this job, am I right sir?" She replied back, thus Mr. Harsh got astonished. He never expected such an answer.

"When will you be able to join?" Finally Mr. Harsh asked.

"The day after tomorrow, Sir!" Sanyukta replied with a smile.

"Here is your appointment later." Mr. Harsh forwarded the appointment letter to Sanyukta. She took that and a smile came into her lips. Atlast she got that which she deserved.

"Thank you sir." She said and about to go when Harsh called her again.

"Miss Agarwal, as I say you before, it's a corporate world, so please replace your kurti and salwar with formals." Mr. Harsh chipped straight.

"Sure sir, I'll." She replied back. 

"Have a good day." Mr. Harsh smiled and Sanyukta left from there.

                                * * * * * * * * *

Daws were returned to their home as dusk appeared. All the busy bones were back to their houses after an ado day, when Sanyukta sitting in her match size apartment deep lost into some thoughts.

"Formals! I have not enough money for this month's rant and now this formal thing!" She sighed helplessly to count her little savings.

She thought for some time and took out the gold chain from her neck. It's something her mom gifted her on her birthday once, it's a token of love from her mother and also precious for her.

"I'm sorry maa, I'll bring you back for sure." She said with moist eyes and came out from her tiny apartment.

                                * * * * * * * * *

At night, Mr. Harsh Singh Shekhawat came back to his mansion. Renuka, his wife were waiting for him at dinner.

"Good evening." He said in a jolly mood and smiled.

"It seems you are in a very cheerful mood, has something happened?" Renuka asked with a smile.

"Yes Renu, you won't believe what happened today! A girl came for the interview today like other candidates, but you know what she was different, she was splendid, she was magnificent. I tried to irk her with my questions but she made me totally amazed by her answers." Harsh gets excited remembering Sanyukta's reply.

"She was totally different from others." Harsh said with a pleasant smile.

"She must be, the way you say about her it's clear you are really very impressed by her and impressed my husband is a little tough." Renuka replied with a smile.

"Yes, you know what, there was a spark, some kind of a spark in her eyes, there was a determination in her eyes. If she is my daughter I'll give her all the liability of my empire and take a leave for lifetime." Harsh said with a dreamy smile but his smile disappeared next moment as he remembered their only son who must be busy with his friends in some disco or club till this late avoided his every responsibility and sighed deeply and went to his room.

*******************************************

So friends how was it? Do you like the new story of mine?

Keep commenting, sharing your views, keep voting.

Love you all. 😍😘

Words: 824

#Bandita 🌹🌹