20 Seconds Of Courage

**Back to Patric’s POV**

            It isn’t until the party is over and everyone is waving goodbye to Zayn and Katherine that Niall and I get a chance alone.

            “I wonder where he’s taking her” I think out loud as Niall drives us back home.

            “Tahiti, they’re going for three weeks, he’s got a lot planned for her, scuba diving and swimming with dolphins…” Niall turns a corner, and then reaches out to hold my hand as he drives. “Where do you want to go for ours?” he mummers.

            It hits me, I’m getting married to Niall Horan. I start smiling and I can’t stop. “I don’t know, wherever you want” I tighten my fingers on his. He takes his eyes off of the road for a second and looks at me. His eyes crinkling with a smile.

            “I want to take you to Ireland” his thumb brushes over my knuckles. “There’s so many beautiful places we could go, of course everywhere is beautiful as long as we’re there together” he tips his head and smiles at me as we pull up to the flat. I open up the back door and pull Katherine and Zayn’s new dog out onto the side walk. He wags his tail and barks at me. Yeah we agreed to watch him while they were gone.

            “C’mere Ark” I pat my leg and jog up to the door, shouldering it open and ushering Ark, and then Niall inside.

            I flip on the lights, Niall following close behind as I think of something to make for dinner, knowing Niall will be hungry. I set Ark’s bowl by a bed for him and wash my hands to cook some steak I found in the freezer. I spread a marinade over the raw meat and I have it sizzling in a pan when Niall walks in.

            “Smells good babe” he mummers and kisses my neck. I smile and lean into him. “You… you do want to get married right?” he leans against the counter, wringing his hands, chewing on his lip, looking nervous.

            I give him my most surprised look “Are you kidding?

            “No, no I’m genuinely worried you don’t want to marry me” he grimaces.

            “Ni,” I walk over and stand in front of him, resting my hands on his shoulders. “What man, or woman, would ever refuse you? I love you, and that isn’t going to change, yes I want to marry you, that isn’t going to change either. I fell for you a long time ago, and now I’m falling again”. I press a kiss to the corner of his mouth but he turns his head and our lips touch.

            “I love you” he breathes, settling his hands on my hips. We kiss for a few minutes before I smell burning and have to take care of dinner. He watches me buzz around the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on the meal.

            “What do you suppose Zayn and Katherine are doing right now?” he wonders aloud as we set the table. I raise my eyebrows at him.

            “I don’t know Niall it’s their wedding night, they’re probably doing math worksheets, you know, the norm”.

            He scowls at me.

            “Well!” I wave my hand around.

            “I meant if they had landed or not” he sits down and digs into his food.

            “Oh I doubt it, it’s only been an hour, they still have some time to go”

            He nods and takes another bite, I’ve learned from Niall that if he eats fast, he likes it, if he ate slowly, he hated it. He’s eating fast now, so I know he likes it, I glow with pride and smile at my plate.

--                    

            “You want to watch a film?” I ask him and wash the plates off and set them in the sink.

            “No” he grabs my hand and tugs me into the bedroom that we share. He tugs his shirt off and then mine, pulling me over to the bed and into his lap, wrapping my leg around him.

            “You’re mine right?” He mummers, kissing my mouth and then my jaw.

            “Yes” I breathe.          

            We kiss for a long time. Leaving marks on each other’s chests and necks, our lips swollen and bruised. But honestly, I don’t think we care. His hands are all over me, his long guitar fingers curling into my skin. My hands stay on his hips, maybe pressing too hard at times.

            He bites my collarbones, having me tip my head back. A moan finds it’s way out of my throat.  My hands tangle in his hair, pressing him closer. He bites me harder, digging his fingers into my sides. He groans lightly and moves his mouth up to mine, whimpering he tugs, needy, at the waistband of my trousers. I can’t speak, I’m panting too hard as I fight the jeans off of my legs. He does the same.

            “Babe” he groans and pulls me back into his lap, tangling his fingers in my hair, crushing him mouth to mine. He tongue explores every part of my mouth, clawing a moan from the back of my throat. “Moan again” he whispers, leaving a trail of bites from my jaw to the hollow of my throat.

            I do, and he struggles beneath me, trying to decide what to do. A groan, almost a growl, rumbles from his chest as he snuggles his head into my neck.

            “We’re actually alone tonight, we can be as loud as we want” he purrs and kisses me several times.

            “Well the dog…”

            “He’s not going to care” his chest shakes with laughter as he presses me into the mattress.

            “Oh, right” I mumble around the pressure of his lips. He grins and strips us of the rest of the clothing, using his forearms to hold him self up as he lays over me.

            “I really love your eyes” He mummers, blinking slowly.

            “Yours are better” I stare back.

            “No, no I mean it, I really do love your eyes, like a smoky gray blue” he tilts his head.

            I smile, that sparkly eye smile and gets him grinning from ear to ear. “I’m going to enjoy this” he growls, before pressing into me and kissing me harshly.

Okay so those expecting SMUT I’m really sorry D: I got a bad case of writers block and couldn’t continue the chapter. For those really needing a dose of SMUT go check out my story “Gay SMUT” there’s a new chapter and it should fill your… ‘need’ idfk. Whatever. Also if you get the chance check out my story  “In The Company Of The Sky” it’s super emotional and really needs your vote. Thanks guys. 

-Kea