6: Ready, Set, Go

"...But the closest they had to baby pink in Chenille was Aubrey Pink. And I didn't even know that color existed. But Zayn said it was still pretty so I went with that."

Mindy smiled. "Well, I think you two made the right decision. From the picture, that's​ going to go well with the rest of your room."

"Good. So how many days does it say I'll have to wait before it gets here?"

"Three to six business days. They'll give you a call so all you have to do is call me. I'll come pick you up and take you to get it."

"Um... Actually." Harry said. "I was wondering if Zayn would be able to take me."

Zayn, who had been sitting on Harry's​ living room couch and watching him and Mindy at the computer desk, froze. "Huh?"

"You know where the place is already. If you don't mind, you could take me there to pick it up when it's​ time."

Zayn nodded. "Oh yes. Absolutely." But he saw Mindy's face and how curious she was. "Unless that's not okay with Mindy. Then she could do it."

She chuckled. "No. He's right. You do know where the place is. You can take him if you want to."

He only nodded because he knew Harry couldn't see him. Harry didn't have to know how eager he was.

"Okay then. It's settled. So you two should just exchange numbers and that way, he can call you when he gets a call from the store."

"Alright."

Harry reached into his pocket and pulled out a cellphone. As soon as he located the power button on the side and turned the screen on, a voice told him the time. Zayn was intrigued. He remembered finding out sometime back how there was a special voice feature available on touchscreen phones for the blind or those with impaired vision. But he never saw anyone using it before today.

"I'm a bit slow when typing."

"That's fine." Zayn said. "Take your time."

He waited for him to open up a new contact field and then gave him the digits to put in. It did take him a while to get it all typed in, but once he saved the contact, he put the phone back into his pocket and gave Zayn his own number.

"Okay then. I'll call you when it's here, Zayn."

"Sure. I'll be waiting."

The front door to Harry's home opened and in walked a brown haired man with a beard and eyes to match. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with a rag and entered the living room. "All done, Harry. The yard is all spruced up."

"Thank you so much, Liam. How much should I pay you?"

Liam chuckled. "You ask me that every time and every time I have to remind you it's free. I'm doing a favor for a friend. Not work. Plus I had a whole winter off a couple cuts ago. I'm not complaining."

Harry sighed. "Well, let me at least get you some water. I know you're hot."

"Yes. Thanks. That would be great."

Harry got up and safely moved from the living room to the kitchen. Liam followed him, leaving Mindy alone with Zayn.

"So... Harry seems to have taken to you quite well." She pointed out.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I do. He was so excited about you coming over today."

Zayn shoved his phone back in his pocket. He hated to come off as clueless but he couldn't help but be that because that was what he was. "Really?"