20: Blue

Zayn was on his way out of the door when his phone buzzed in his pocket. He stopped and took it out to read the notification.

Hi, Zayn. Wyd?

That suprised him because he hadn't spoken to Maitea in a while now. But he still smiled and sent her a reply.

Nothing. I was chilling at home but I'm on my way to a friend's house now.

The next text came in quickly.

Oh. I'll call.

K

Seconds later, the phone rang and Zayn answered the call right away. "Hello, Maitea."

"Hey. How are you?" She sounded very bubbly.

"I'm good. You?"

"Yep."

"That's great. I haven't spoken to you in a while."

"Oh yeah. I know. That's why I was calling to see if we could hang out. You said you're going over a friend's house?"

"Yeah. I am. I was on my way right now."

"You'll be there all evening?"

Zayn thought for a moment. He wasn't sure. Days with Harry were never planned. If he did end up staying, it would just be because that was how long he stayed. He never counted his time with him. "I don't know. I'll see. Why are you asking?"

"Well, my mother is making Chilaquiles tonight. It's a mexican dish that I think you'll love and I want you to come over and eat dinner with us at seven o'clock."

"Really?"

"Yes. Really. I did promise you and Louis that I would invite you over for dinner one day. So this is it. I've called Louis already and he agreed to come. I know it's last minute for you but I would still like for you to come over. If you can't, we'll schedule for another time."

Zayn shook his head, even though she couldn't see. "No, no. I would love to come over."

"Really?"

"Of course. It sounds fun and I can't wait to try that dish. Whatever you called it."

"Chilaquiles."

"Yeah. That."

She laughed into the reciever. "Alright then. Some girls from my friend group are coming over as well. So if you want to bring your friend with you, that's okay too. The more people, the better it'll be. I'm gonna put on a movie after dinner in the living room and we'll all just pile up in there and watch. There will be about seven of us plus my mother."

Zayn hummed. "Yeah, okay. That's nice. I guess I'll see you this evening, then."

"Yes. One more thing. You dropped me off at home that night we went to the ice cream parlor together. Do you remember how you got there or do you need my address for the GPS?"

"No. I do remember, strangely enough."

"Then I'll see you there. Can't wait to meet your friend."

"Yeah, can't wait for you to meet him too. See you later."

"M'kay. Bye."

He hung up the phone, then opened the door to his house and went outside. After locking the door, he took the grass over to Harry's house and rang the doorbell. There was a short greeting with Harry over the intercom before the door was opened to him.

"Good day. How are you feeling?" Harry questioned.

"Ahm. Okay, I think." Zayn said. "But you know, Ace... I've just realized something."