↠ s e v e n t e e n

{ c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n }
lauren's pov ;

Grayson was discharged from only hospital three days later. The doctors were happy with his recovery and the bleeding had seemed to slow down to a complete standstill. His bandaged head was now reduced to a small, plaster like patch on the side of his head that could barely be seen.

Now that Grayson was out of hospital and they had worn out their stay at their hotel; Ethan offered them his apartment that he had bought a little less than a month ago. It was a two bedroom, just big enough for the trio to share. Grayson was more than happy to comply. He missed his brother.

The two seemed better than ever. Lauren awoke to loud, boisterous laughter coming from the kitchen. She walked in to see them making pancakes together and singing at the top of their lungs to blaring music from one of their phones. Ethan had a hand shaped print of flour on his face which was undoubtedly Grayson's doing while Grayson was covered in pancake batter.

"Morning," They said simultaneously, both wearing the very same grin as they noticed her presence.

Lauren gave them a smile. "Morning." She said, grabbing a pancake from the plate. Ethan slapped her hand away from the plate, looking rather offended.

"Hey!" Ethan protested. "That's my plate."

"You can have the plate then." Lauren said cheekily. "I just took a pancake."

Grayson laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her close to him. He buried his face into her neck, engulfing her in a bear hug.

"Grayson." Lauren whined. "There's pancake batter all over my pyjamas."

He simply grinned, pulling her close and kissing her. He lifted her up a little and she smiled into the kiss, the taste of pancake batter dancing on her tongue. She could hear Ethan muttering about how he never should've invited them over which caused Grayson to pull away with a smirk.

"You taste nice." Lauren said with a laugh.

Ethan choked on his pancake.

Grayson smacked his brother over the head. "Shut up, assclown."

"Need I remind you that this is my house?" He huffed. Grayson cheekily smiled at him and kissed Lauren again. Ethan groaned again.

"God, you guys are so disgusting." He said with a shake of his head, taking his plate of pancakes and going to her room.

Lauren laughed, propping herself on the kitchen counter and helped herself to pancakes. Grayson was making more on the stove like it was his favorite thing to do. He had an undeniable spring in his step and he smiled at her; a smile so genuinely happy and sweet that a wave of warmth rushed through her. She loved seeing him happy.

Grayson glanced at her. "You're looking at me all weird."

"You're happy."

"Of course I'm happy Laur." He said with a light smile. "Look around. I have everything, right now."

The rest of the morning was all smiles and laughter. For the first time Ethan's silent apartment was now lively and had a lightness to it that had never been there before.

It had been about an hour after breakfast when Grayson knocked on her door. Lauren had just finished getting dressed into her favorite yellow sundress and put her hair up into the same neat ponytail she always wore.

She opened the door only to find to a pair of hands quickly covering her eyes.

"Grayson, what the f-"

"Turn around," He said with a laugh. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. With a sigh, she obliged. After a moment, a cool substance touch her collarbone, smooth and metal- like. A necklace. She looked down at it, her eyes brightening.

It was a firefly pendant.

She turned her head only slightly to face his. He wore the very same smile as hers, his bright eyes looking down at her, twinkling.

"When did you-"

"That day at the shops, before I blacked out." He explained simply. Lauren nodded, she remembered seeing him with a packet in his hand.

"I love it." She said, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Thank you."

She turned to face him, revealing Grayson in jeans and a buttoned up shirt. He was holding a bouquet of daisies in his hand that looked like he picked them himself.

"And what's this for?" She asked, amusement laced in her tone as she leaned against the doorframe.

Grayson handed her the bouquet with an adorable grin. "I promised you a date, remember?"

* * *

thank you so much for 5k reads! that's insane omg thank you, you guys are the best <33

dedicated to the world's biggest dick itslxyxnn sometimes i appreciate your existence but most times you get on my fucking nerves xoxoxoxo