#9

"Well, a donut is something you eat." Lars answered. "But of course, gems like you don't need to eat. I think."

"Oh ok." I started back up. I walked to a chair in the room and sat down. "You guys go ahead and do what you need to do, I'll wait." Steven looked at me and smiled.

"Okie dokie Ruby!" My face started to warm up again. What is going on?

"I need to ask Garnet about this when we get back." I told myself.

"Ask her about what?" Connie asked. I looked up, I didn't realize she was standing in front of me.

"N-nothing." I said feeling my body starting to stiff up.

"Ruby, you can tell me." She begged.

"Ok, well my face is hearing up, my body is stiff, my speech is a little shaky and well." I had to stop and think, I couldn't decide what I'm feeling. "I feel weak, but yet I like how a feel weak. I want to feel it more." Connie giggled. "What?"

"I think I know what's going on." She said. "But you should tell Garnet, she can explain what you're feeling better."

"If you really think it's best." I replied. Steven walked over with a bag in his hands what smelt very sweet.

"What'd I miss?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said looking away. My face felt heated.

"Well, let's head back."

After we got back to the temple, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were talking in the living area, they seemed quite happy about something. They were laughing and smiling, I couldn't help but smile with them. Then I remembered what Connie, told me to do.

"Hey Garnet?" I spoke uncertain.

"Oh hey Ruby, what's up?" She replied.

"C-can I talk to you in private?" She giggled slightly, then fixed her glasses.

"Sure thing."

We both walked outside to my ship, we went inside and I closed the door.

"What the big problem?" She asked.

"Well, I need to know what I'm feeling. I told Connie but she told me to ask you just in case." I started to get that feeling again, face a little warm, body stiff. "Just out of no where, my face gets warm and I start to feel, kind nervous I think. My body gets stiff and I feel light on my feet, yet I can feel a force pulling me back. Then there's the sensation of me wanting to keep feeling it, even though it feels so, wrong." After I finished, she looked at me with a smirk.

"Dose it mainly happen when your around one person?" She asked. I nodded. She started to giggle a little bit.

"Is it bad?"

"Ruby it's the exact opposite of bad. This is great! I means you like someone!" I felt confused.

"Like? I like this person?" I questioned her, and myself.

"Not just like, love." She replied. "You love this person."

"How do I fix it?" I asked in fear.

"You don't, you embrace it! Ask the person on a date." She told me.

"A, a date?"

"Ya, you know, like ask him to a movie, or on a picnic." She stood up and started to walk out. "Trust me, you won't regret it." She got out of the ship and closed the door behind her.

"Picnic, yeah. I don't know what that is, but I'll ask him on a picnic!" I walked to Steven who was outside the ship, standing, smiling.

"Garnet said you wanted to ask me something?" He replied. I felt the feeling again, don't hide it, embrace it.

"Y-yeah, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go on a thing called a p-picnic date." His face turned a little red like mine.

"Sure."