Chapter 2

For Scomich3

"Welcome our newest member Scott Hoying." I sat down in the chair in front of the bench of kids. It was the only one open. My eyes drifted to where Mitch was staring at me. He was the last one on the row, right next to Sister Anne. "Introduce yourself." A girl on the end stood up. She was a typical blonde cheerleader.

"Hi. I'm Tammy. I'm a drama nerd and I'm a homosexual." She sat down. The girl next to her stood up. She had her head shaved into a mohawk and not to be rude, she looked like a man.

"Hey. I'm Sam. I play softball, lacrosse, and rugby. I'm a man trapped in a woman's body."

"I'm Heather. I'm a lesbian." The next girl stood up quickly before sitting back down. She had lightly tanned skin that came naturally. "And this is Soledad. She doesn't talk much." She pointed to the skinny goth chick next to her. Next was where the boys were.

"I'm Todrick. Actor, singer, dancer. And I enjoy the company of other men." His eyes were absolutely stunning against his darker skin. The next guy didn't look gay. He was wearing a letterman jacket and his blonde hair was spiked.

"I'm Travis. Football player and homosexual." Finally my eyes rested on Mitch. He didn't stand up like the others.

"We've met." Sister Anne hit his shin lightly. He groaned, standing up. "I'm Mitch and I like dick. Maybe even yours." He sat back down on the bench with a little smirk sent towards Sister Anne. She rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, tell us about yourself."

"Well, I'm not like any of you." Mitch raised one of his perfect eyebrows. The rest didn't take offense. "I get good grades, I have a girlfriend-"

"And she has the biggest tits I've never seen." He interrupted me.

"Shut the hell up." I pointed at Mitch. Everyone looked at each other.

"Have you had sex with her?" Tammy spoke up.

"No but...."

"Do you enjoy kissing her?" I kept my gag down so it wasn't noticeable.

"Well no but-" Travis pulled me into a short kiss before sitting back down. "I didn't enjoy that either. I'm not gay. It's just my girlfriend doesn't exactly turn me on."

"So you don't think about her when you are alone?"

"No. I think about...." I paused. I think about a classmate of mine in algebra class. Who happens to be another male. I heard Mitch's laugh.

"Don't you get it Scott? You're a fag. Just like they rest of us." His words seemed to be the only ones that would sink in.

"I'm g-gay." I kept repeating that sentence over and over. Everyone but Sister Anne and Mitch went to hug me. Then I was left in the room alone with Mitch. He had his legs crossed with his elbow on top of his knee to keep his face propped up with his hand.

"How does it feel to be gay Scott? Is it a whole new world?" I clenched my fists.

"Why are you such a dick?"

"Maybe it's because I want one inside me. You tell me." I shook my head.

"I can't tell you who you are Mitch."

"And you shouldn't let them." He stood up, walking in front of me. "Don't ever let them tell you it's a sin cause it's not Scott. It's natural for people to be different. That's why I'm not changing." I stood up, looking down to look in his eyes.

"So that's why you're pissed?"

"I'm always pissed. It comes with being rejected." He waltzed out of the room.

I was stuck with Sister Anne for the rest of the day. She explained the ridiculous sticker chart. I noticed everyone else had six except Mitch and I. We both had one. I finally got away from the crazy lady at dinner time.

"Why does no one sit with Mitch?" They all glanced at where Mitch was moving his food across his plate. He never once put a piece of food in his mouth. Tammy was the one who answered me.

"We're not allowed to sit with him. He hasn't made in progress so sitting by himself is punishment."

"Doesn't work though." Todrick pointed out. "He loves to put Seth and Sister Anne on edge."

"It's kind of sexy." Travis commented.

"What is sexy?" Sister Anne popped out of nowhere. I heard Mitch laugh. Everyone muttered about it being nothing. "You'll be working with buddies now. Find separate rooms." Everyone scattered off.

"Come on new meat." Mitch motioned for me to follow him. None of us even picked up our food. It was just abandoned. Mitch brought me in front of a barn where he plopped down on the ground. He pulled out a fresh cigarette, lighting the end.

"Why do you smoke?" He blew the smoke into the night air.

"It relaxes me."

"It's bad for you." I sat down on the ground next to him. He held the cigarette in the air in front of me.

"You going to try it?"

"No." I pushed his hand away. He continued to inhale causing the paper and tobacco to light up at the ends. "So what are we suppose to do?"

"Mmh." Mitch exclaimed, holding the cigarette with the corner of his mouth. He pulled out a deck of cards from his pocket and a small little device. "So we get these cards with roles of straight males in a relationship and if we get it wrong." He put the device on my leg and press the button on the side. A small shock when through my nerves.

"Ow! What the fuck?!"

"You get shocked." He set the cards against my knee, looking at the device in one hand as his other removed the cigarette from between his lips. "You're also suppose to use this when you touch yourself to a fantasy of another man. Aversion therapy." I put the cigarette out in the ground and he never said anything. He just kept staring at the taser.

"Does it work?"

"I don't know you tell me." He lifted one of the cards from the deck and held it in front of my face. I blushed at the image. It was clearly taped over another picture. It was a man pleasuring himself. Mitch shocked me again but this time the voltage was higher.

"Shit! You asshole."

"Oh I'm sorry Scott. Were you enjoying yourself?" I clenched my jaw. He laughed as I pulled my shirt down farther to hide my problem. He leaned back against the barn, looking at the picture. "You know, for a new gay you're getting boners for men quickly." I shoved his shoulder roughly.

"Go to hell!" I stormed off angrily.

"I'm already there." That was the last thing I heard come from his lips before I fell asleep that night.