Chapter 2: Poisoned Love (OLD)

Thursday, August 1st, 2080 at 8:00 PM.

Me and everyone else were on the dropship waiting to arrive at King's Row. We've been flying for about an hour, so we were most likely going to arrive any time soon.

While we waited, everyone played different games with each other as a group, like truth or dare or charades. However, I was on the opposite side of the dropship sitting alone. I remembered what Winston said to me, and I started thinking deeply about this person.

If this guy's an expert with a sniper like me, then why not try to convince him to join Overwatch? He might hate life in Talon, only God knows what they make him do over there. If I offer Overwatch as a better life, then maybe he'll accept.

My plan for this person was to try to not kill him, but talk to him instead. I've made my decision. Maybe I could convince him to join us here in Overwatch, maybe for him to forget his criminal life and start a new one.

After sitting down with my fists under my chin for about 10 minutes now, McCree walks up to me and snaps me back into reality.

"Hey (Y/N), you good? You look like when you were on your first mission as a rookie right now, overthinking the plan. Somethin' happen?"

"Huh? N-no, I'm straight. It's nothing."

"You know what, I'm not even gonna question it. You always get new tricks up your sleeve on these missions. You should join us (Y/N), we're about to play a few rounds of Uno." He said as he walked back to the group.

Suddenly, the whole dropship stopped. I looked out the window to see that we arrived at our destination. We hovered about 20 feet above a different street. We all grabbed our gear, I put on my mask, and we all waited for the pilot to give us the okay to jump out.

"You're all good to go! Good luck everyone!" The pilot said.

We all jumped out and landed safely. I gave the pilot a thumbs up to leave, then we all started running towards our objective. I decided since I had to give backup as a sniper, I would travel from rooftop to rooftop instead.

"You guys take the alleyways, stay hidden just in case there are any Talon members patroling the area. Set up in your given locations. I'll take the rooftops from here now."

Everyone said their lines of acknowledgement, and I climbed onto the nearest rooftop afterwards. Thanks to Genji for helping me perfect freerunning a few years ago, I was able to climb walls pretty easily. I ran and climbed from rooftop to rooftop until we reached our given street.

I decided to set up my Hecate on top of a building between two other ones. Instead of hiding in the alley, Genji jumped into a sewer instead. (Like Pennywise from It.)

His green glows on his body and mask faded away leaving him completely hidden, and with a sight of the whole street. Tracer and McCree hid behind a dumpster in their given alleyway.

I checked the time on my watch to see that Talon was going to pass through the street at any time now. I laid down and turned over to my back, thinking once again about this sniper.

He's a sniper like me, what if we have some things in common? Will he even be here to guard the cargo trucks? Can I convince him? What if he actually does join Overwatch?

I thought about this for a little bit until I heard Genji speak in my earpiece, which brought me back to reality. "They're here."

I flipped over onto my stomach and prepared my Hecate. I aimed each of the drivers once they all started to pass by.

"Everyone, get ready. I'll take out the drivers from up here and you guys charge in afterwards."

Everyone agreed to that. We all waited in anticipation for about 30 seconds. The first cargo arrived and for some reason, it stopped at a red light. Then, the other 3 cargos arrived behind them.