Chapter 11: Foreshadowing (OLD)

Friday, January 3rd, 2080 at 10:00 AM.

Base: Gibraltar (Gym)

Winston decided to give us a free day in the gym today until further notice. We could literally do anything we wanted that involved us being active. Hell, we could be walking a mile as slow as that sloth from Zootopia on the track if we wanted to. But instead of doing that, I decided to do a childhood sport that I played growing up. Basketball.

I put up a shot and made it in the basket. I smiled to myself. "Yup, I still got it."

"You know, you shoot weird (Y/N)."

I immediately lost my smile

I immediately lost my smile. "Hey! I grew up shooting like this and I'm already used to it. Hmm, were you the one that carried the varsity team to the state championship averaging like 20 points per game while in high school, Fareeha?"

"Sheesh, sorry! I'm just saying, your form seems a little unorthodox."

Hearing this struck a small chord within me. I knew that my form may have been a bit ugly while growing up, but I still always shot a good percentage! And Pharah barely joined Overwatch this week, so what does she know?! I decided to shut her up.

"Just give me my change, rookie."

She passed me the ball. It was time to prove her wrong.

'Unorthodox', you say?

I went just a few feet from half court. I set myself, pulled back my arms with the ball in my hands, launched my arms forward and flicked my wrist as I hopped and let the basketball fly.

 I set myself, pulled back my arms with the ball in my hands, launched my arms forward and flicked my wrist as I hopped and let the basketball fly

The ball flew in the air for about three seconds before landing in the basket. Nothing but net.

Swish.

Another thing is that this court is an official size NBA court, so the distance from where I shot to the basket is insanely deep. Not a lot of people can shoot from that far easily like me.

I looked over at Pharah who seemed a bit taken back from what she said. I placed my hands on my hips and smirked in a cocksure way. "Welp. It works, doesn't it?"