Chapter 6: Nightmares (OLD)

Me and Amélie were pinned down behind a short wall that was most likely going to break soon. It was enough to hold us off. Almost everyone was dead, and Mercy was going to arrive with backup. All we had to do was wait for backup to show up in 5 minutes.

I yelled in pure anger as I shot at every Talon agent with my weapon for killing all of my best friends. Winston, Ana, Tracer for a few examples...

"You bastards!!!"

I let my anger get the best of me. I jumped out of cover and rushed towards the enemies. I lost control of my actions which led me to getting hit by a few bullets. I yelled in pain from the burning bullet wounds and fell to the floor. I was completely incapacitated. I couldn't do anything as I laid there. All I could do was accept the fact that I was actually going to die. I closed my eyes and braced myself.

"(Y/N)!!!"

Amélie jumped on top of me and shielded me from every bullet, with her own body. She screamed and gripped onto my shirt tightly as every bullet entered her.

"Amélie, no!!!"

Reinhardt arrived to our rescue and shielded us, stopping the bullets from doing any further damage.

"Go you two! Get to cover now!"

I got up with whatever strength I had left in me and carried Amélie behind an old truck. I ignored everything that was happening on the battlefield. I held Amélie's hand as she laid down after she was shot all over herself. Her eyes were closed tightly with her teeth grimaced and she gasped as she gripped tightly onto my hand, and held her bullet wounds with her other arm in pain.

Tears dripped down from my eyes.

"Amélie, you're so stupid... Why would you do that?..."

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me. Her lips formed a smile. Blood dripped down from her mouth.

"I love you... (Y/N)..."

I could feel the grip on her hand start to give out. Her eyes started to close.

"Amélie, please... don't go..."

She gathered enough strength to pick up her arm and place her hand on my neck. She pulled me down and kissed my lips. Afterwards, she held onto my cheek.

"Je suis... tellement désolé... Au revoir, (Y/N)..."

Her hand fell down from my cheek and the rest of her body gave out. I sobbed as I gently pushed our foreheads together.

She's gone. All because of me. This is all my fault. If I only gave a better effort to protect her, if I weren't so careless...

I screamed as a mix of negative feelings took over my whole mind and body.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

Saturday, September 28th, 2080 at 4:15 AM.

"AAAAAAH!!!"

I jolted up from bed from my deep sleep, screaming in fear from losing my beloved Amélie. In my nightmare.

I sat up in bed. I panted extremely hard. Tears were in my eyes, sweat was on my forehead and my heart was beating rapidly. I looked around with incredibly sharp movements, searching for Amélie to make sure she was okay.

I glanced over to the other side of my bed and saw Amélie laying down, opening her eyes.

Thank God...

So last night wasn't a fantasy after all, and neither was my nightmare real...

She looked at me with concern written all over her face.