Chapter 12: Volskaya Industries (OLD)

Monday, January 6th, 2081; 5:15 PM at Base: Gibraltar.

I arrived and parked my car outside of the base. I exited my vehicle and entered the base, walking to Winston's lab. The big guy called me in a little bit earlier from my departure time because he said that he wanted to give me something before I left for Russia, so that's why I'm arriving early.

I finally made it to his lab. I let myself in and walked upstairs to his main office. As I walked into the office, I spotted Winston... applying a scope to a weapon?

Huh? Is that a sniper rifle or something?

I pointed at the rifle. "Hey, Winston? What's that for?"

Winston pushed in the scope to the rifle with a grunt. The scope let out a clicking noise in which I assumed it successfully connected to it. Winston looked up and smiled. "Oh, hello (Y/N). What's this for, you ask?"

I nodded. Winston's smile grew bigger. "Well.... It's yours."

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat as I heard this. "What?"

Winston chuckled as he grabbed the sniper rifle and walked over to me. He handed it to me. "You gave your other one to Amélie, so I thought I'd get you a new one."

The sniper definitely looked more detailed up close.

"This sniper rifle... Is this the Hecate?!"

Winston chuckled. "Your new version of the 'Hecate'."

I hugged the sniper rifle tightly and laughed in sheer happiness that I was able to have my sniper back. "Hahaha! No way, that's lit! Thank you! Wait, so this means Amélie has the exact same Hecate as mine?"

Winston shook his head. "No. Yours is much more improved. It now has a further scope distance from 32x to all the way up to 64x, with a hollow-point bullet that is able to hit speeds over 3000 meters a second."

I choked on my breath. "What?!"

3000 M/S?! That's physically impossible to make a sniper shoot a bullet at that speed!

"Winston, how the hell did you make a sniper rifle this overpowered?!"

The gorilla chuckled again. "There's a little bit more. Your sniper rifle can shape shift into a regular pulse rifle. Your skills in a pulse rifle are very strong in which you've proved against Talon when they tried to attack us, so if you ever need to use it for medium or close quarter combat, press that little black button that's outlined on the side of the sniper rifle, the one that's just above the magazine."

I looked at the top to see the button as Winston described it. I pressed it and watched as my whole gun adjusted from a sniper rifle to a scoped assault rifle like Soldier 76's. This thing was badass.