Dinner

Onika POV

"So what's your story?" I asked taking a sip of my red wine. Beyonce and I were at an upscaled dimly lit restaurant in the far back so we could be alone. She sat 4 inches away from me swirling her fork around her empty bowl as we sat waiting for our food.

"Depends, how much do you wanna know?" She asked, briefly looking up from her empty bowl. Although the restaurant had been dark, Beyonce eyes sparkled in the moon light that shined through the glass above us. She sat slumped over in her chair with one leg tucked away beneath her. Loose strands of hair hung in her face that abandoned her ponytail.

"Whatever you feel comfortable telling me." I smiled lightly. She shifted and I could tell she was feeling a bit uneasy as she began to recall her past.

"Well, I have a younger sister named Solange. She's 21 now and some say that we look almost identical, I don't see it. I have a mother and father who are happily divorced for personal reasons.." She trailed off and cleared her throat.

"When I was um,-" she took her time to carefully form her sentence to rid any emotions that may have came with it.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I don't want you to force anything out." I said reaching for her hand. She nodded but continued with her story.

"When I was about 6 years old, I had discovered that I love ice skating." She smiled a little reminiscing causing me to smile too.

"My favorite movie was The Ice Princess. I used to watch it every chance I got. I started begging my parents to take me ice skating but we couldn't really afford it. We weren't exactly rich, far from it. We could barely afford water." She chuckled looking into my eyes.

"Well, around my birthday, my father took me to my first ice skating rink without my mother knowing. I had the time of my life and right in that moment I knew I wanted to become a professional ice skater. My mother was beyond pissed when she found out. She said it had been a waste of money." She looked off for a while observing the room and then continued.

"About two years later, my father landed this job and became a business man. I never new the type of business he was into but I knew it was bringing in money and kept food on the table. We were happy. I was happy, happy that I finally could go skating every weekend. I even joined a ice skating olympics team for juniors. My father had to move around quite a bit so that meant I had to quit. We moved to this house. I can't recall where but I know it was cold as shit. In the back it had this lake that was frozen solid, perfect for skating over. My mom told me she didn't want me skating on it because it looked like it could crack from the slightest bit of weight added to it. I listened to her for a while, well at least until I was about 13. My parents had been busy with work so I didn't have anyone to take me the ice skating rink. Solange stayed with my grandmother because she wanted to finish out the rest of her school years in l.a. I didn't have the option because my dad insisted on one of us coming with them, unfortunately, it was me. Well one day I was begging my father to take me skating while he was on the phone with an important call I guess and he got annoyed and told me to go skate out back behind the house. I was kid, I didn't know any better. All I knew was, if momma or daddy said I could do it, then it's ok. Daddy said I could do, so I did." She shrugged.

She took a sip of wine and the waiter came over.

"Ok, here is your Caesar Salad and lobster, and here is your potatoes and steak dish." The waiter smiled as he sat our plates down.

"Looks good." Beyonce said poking at her steak. She sat her fork down and looked back up at me.

"Finish." I said. She began to continue her story as I added Italian dressing to my salad.