Back It Up

Omniscient

If I ever fall in love again, I'll make sure that the lady is a friend......

"Hey, I was just calling to check up on you, haven't heard from you in a while."

"Are you still driving me to my rehearsals?"

"Bey I'm sorry, i know I shouldn't have protected Robyn like that, she does nothing but hurt me but I'm just...I'm sorry."

"Bey come on answer the phone. I'm tired of this. It's been 2 weeks since we last talked and I know you listen to voicemails."

Beyonce listened to all 97 voicemails that Nicki had sent her over the past two weeks. She wasn't mad anymore, she just needed time to think. She didn't want to put her heart out there just to get stepped on but it seems like it was put out there anyways, and indeed it was stepped on, maybe even stomped. She sat in her bed contemplating  on whether or not she should respond to Nicki. She debated on whether or not it was only a typical response that anyone would have given if they were thrown in the same situation. Was it normal for Nicki to take the side of the woman who practically ruined her mentally and physically over love? Maybe it was, but Beyonce couldn't accept it as she never was the one to actually be hurt in the end of a relationship. Her relationships always ended on her account. She decided on staying or leaving. She was the type of person who got bored quickly in a relationship. Maybe this was god getting her back. Nicki hadn't done anything wrong, or did she? This was why Beyonce decided she should stick around for her. She didn't understand how a real relationship or feelings even worked. She got the sex part down packed, but when it came to the part of expressing and dealing with love, she never got the gist. It was always an I love you but with no meaning, I said it because you said it kind of thing. But something told her that Nicki needed support. To actually know that there is someone out there that she can love and trust to love her back, but could Beyonce be that person was the only question.

Beyonce picked her phone up to fail Nicki's number. Her name in bold on the center in her screen as it dialed. Nicki finally picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" Nicki answered. Beyonce cleared her throat.

"Hey." Beyonce said. She knew she should have said more but her mind was on something else.

"Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" Nicki asked trying to figure out Beyonce's reason of calling. Beyonce rubbed her fingers down her face as she bagan to speak.

"Nicki I'm sorry for ignoring you." She finally said. Nicki moved around a little and finally sat still.

"No, it was my fault you shouldn't be apologizing. You were just trying to protect me and I stopped you." Nick said. Beyonce nodded.

"Can we meet up Peter in today or will you be busy?" Beyonce asked. Nicki took sometime before responding.

"I could meet you around 8 tonight." She said.

"Ok. See you then." Beyonce said then hung up the phone."

Mini update.