24. My Friend

@rememberMe4centuries

The plates smash onto the the floor, the food in them creating a mess on the floor. His brows are furrowed and his jaw is slack. He is in shock as well as complete and utter confusion.

"What the hell?" He thinks.

He doesn't recall his friend saying that he would be leaving, in fact he didn't remember his friend saying anything along those lines, they were just having a peaceful dinner together, so what could've happened? He begins to thinks about everything that had happened during their dinner together. First they are some pasta while making some small about work and other shit, then once they had finished, the man took their plates into the kitchen and took out the desert. When the man came out of the kitchen with the desert he dropped the plates in shock, for when he came back his friend was gone. He remembers catching a small glimpse of his friend before he had disappeared, but nothing else. One minute his friend was sitting by the table and the next he was gone. Just like magic his friend was gone.

The man needs to know what had happened to his friend, so he decided to investigate the disappearance. From his attic to his basement he searches his house and just to be thorough he checks underneath the floorboards. His friend is nowhere to be found.

He searches through the streets and even goes to his friends house, but luck is not in his side, for his friend is still missing.

"Would the police believe me if I told them about what happened?" He thinks, "probably not. They'd just pass me off as some crazy lunatic."

The man continues to search the whole night, before heading off to work in the morning.

At work he taps the shoulder of one of his coworkers and asks if she has seen his missing friend.

"Well, what does he look like?" she asks.

The man fumbles around in his pocket, looking for his phone and when he finds it he immediately pulls it a picture of his friend and shows it to the woman.

"There's no one in the picture."