30. What Was That?

@lostsouls
____

Sasuke sighed.

Suigetsu really was useless. He asked for one simple thing and what does he get; nothing. Nothing!

Actually he got something.

He got complaints.

Suigetsu complaints; the worst type of complaints.

Sasuke turns at the sound of the grass's crunching, his hand automatically goes for his back pocket where he always keeps a pocket knife.

"What was that?" He snaps when he sees that it was just Rin.

"What was what?" she throws back innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about."

But Sasuke isn't dumb. He knows these games. Hell, he's been playing them for most of his life. He knows the difference between innocent and guilt.

"That beast you were just fighting not even two damn minutes ago," Sasuke spats. "What was that thing?"

Run shrugs. "And why would I tell you that, Outsider? I may be helping you, but that doesn't mean I have to give away my secrets. There are just some things I can't tell you and you're going to have to deal with it."

"And if I come across it?"

"Don't attack it," Rin says. "It'll eat you up before you could even blink. Now come on, we've got stuff to do, places to be and people to see."

"Oh and," Rin cryptically adds, "if you do see it and I'm not there then run."

Sometimes Sasuke really does hate her.