Dreams of desire

The marks on my neck had yet to vanish, they don't hurt as much as the first day though so it's a brief relief. For the past days I have not seen Keana around which makes me wonder if she already grew tired of Rhea.

Currently my job for the day was to help around the kitchen preparing each meal. Since my childhood preparing food was a delightful distraction. Usually it was by my sisters side and my mother while my brothers took care of gathering the ingredients and vegetables with our father. Now I was making food for my captor.

"Matilda, where is the princess?" I asked as I chopped potatoes. The older woman was preparing some sort of sauce for pasta.

"The princess is attending council meetings in the capital."

"Will she leave to go back to France?" The woman was too distracted to look at me, nonetheless after a minute she answered.

"I believe she will eventually return to her country again." I didn't know why that statement saddened me. Maybe it was merely because she was the only one nice enough around here.

"I wasn't aware that the rulers were French." I spoke adding the potatoes to the boiling water.

"Oh they are not, they are German." We are far away from home. I thought. I was not German, but my relatives were from close enough.

"Were they in Germany when the war took place?"

"There are many things we do not know of child, the rulers are dense boxes full of surprises." I did not pry any further scared of the queen finding out I was digging into her life. Everyone has weaknesses, I just need to know if Rhea has one or a few.

We finished at noon our exquisite dishes. It angered me that they would have all these feasts while the servants looked from the sidelines full of hunger. The palace was full of important council members, from afar I got a glimpse of Keana sitting next to Rhea. The look in her eyes told me she was bored out of her existence. Truth be told, I have missed the younger sibling. It was good to know she was back.

A sudden intrusion made all heads turn including my own. A tall man with shoulder length black hair and dark eyes walked towards the table with a smug smile which reminded me all to well of Rhea. His jawline was firm as well as his well built body.

"Pardon my tardiness ladies and gentlemen, I tend to always lose my way here and these servants are of no good use." I watched as Keana rolled her eyes and Rhea just pretended to smile at the man.

"Well so nice of you to finally join us James." Keana spoke sarcastically earning a smirk from the middle sibling. There is no doubt in my mind that they were born from only the best genetics there are. They possessed no flaw, everything they do is gracious and meticulous. They are the definition of flawless and if it weren't for their ugly souls (except Keana's) they would be surely considered the image of God himself and everything perfect left in the world.

"Perhaps if you saved your excuses brother we would save more time." This time Rhea spoke, even from all the way over here I saw James tightening his jaw before taking a seat on Rhea's left. It is no wonder why she is in charge of the council, these creatures or whatever it is they are, would not breathe if she said so. That much is evident.

We spent nearly four hours just serving them in whatever way they needed to be served, the middle sibling would not take his stare off me each time I made myself known by filling yet another glass of wine. At the end of the night, they all had disappeared into another room, leaving us to clean everything. I was carrying a few plates on my arms to hurry up my work, but being the clumsy human I am, two fell. Only thing is that they never landed on the floor.