The New Queen Part II

Eden's POV

Not for one moment did we not feel Rhea's eyes on us. "I need your blade." I spoke to Keana. "What for?" Her hands were gripping the reins of the horse with all her might almost looking like he was her protector. "They need to see I bleed red." "If they know you easily bleed, they will know you will die easily too."

"Hand it over." My irritation was visible through my eyes, this could all be stopped there is no need for so many deaths today. She did with no further question; I tore my sleeve, carving a family emblem in my hand making blood spill fast. I held my hand up as we continued to march.

"We come in peace, I am looking for Jeremiah and Eva Van Den Berg." The men look at each other with surprise before one of them spoke.

"The devil walks no further." Spoke a man with a long silver spear blocking Keana's path. "She will stay behind, then."

"Eden, don't." Keana spoke with gritted teeth.

"Eden Van Den Berg?" Another man asked. I simply nodded. "Let her pass, Eva is at the end of the formation, Jeremiah is not marching with us." Pulling on the reins of my horse I went between each of the rebels to reach my sister. Many of them had their faces covered with white paint, eyes full of hatred yet wonder as they saw me with the reign colors on my clothes. Sure enough my sister was at the end of the rebels, half of her face covered in white paint, half of her hair braided and up; a giant coat is keeping her warm from this unforgiving winter. A sword on her side with one of her hands gripping the handle.

"Eva." It took her a minute before realizing who I was, she instantly let go of her sword running towards me. I got off my horse to embrace my sister in a much awaited hug.

"You are alive, you are well." She whispered as we continue to hold each other. Once we finally separated her deep brown eyes took in my appearance. I was no longer the young girl she used to mock at the farm.

"What do they have you wearing, Holy Gods."

"Eva, we have much to discuss." Her facial expression let me know that she was somewhat confused. "We can be free." She spoke. "Not like this, Nadia told me what today means, if that happens Rhea will kill every soul on this field."

"We have a plan to weaken them, we will get out before there is time to react." Hearing how they wish to hurt Rhea caused an aching pain inside my chest that made my hands tremble. "She brought two thousand men with her, this is not even half of her soldiers. You won't get past the border before a massacre."

"Eden, why are you marching with her?" There was so much she was yet to know. With a deep sigh I took off my leather glove. Showing her the sparkling blue diamond ring on my finger. "I am soon to be her wife." At that my sisters eyes widen in horror. "She- she cannot force you to do such thing! This is an example of why she must be put down!"

"Eva please!" I could not even begin to fathom the idea of a hurt Rhea. It was too damaging to me. My heart aches for her across the field. "She is not what you think of her, I was asked to marry her and I agreed. She wants to save you, if a war happens, the gods will destroy every single human soul on earth without mercy and she is their chosen champion."

"She has poisoned your brain, little sister. How could you stoop so low?" She spoke with such disgust it made my heart crack. "I came here in a peaceful way, I will not let all these people die because of your stubbornness."

"You think they will follow you? A human treacherous enough to marry the one woman who ended our lives? We will fight until there is no one else to fight."

"There won't be anyone to fight because the Gods will make sure this earth is free of us, this can't be what you wish upon your people."

"My people? They are supposed to be yours too... what she promised you is a pack of lies, they will continue to make us slaves and Eden I cannot let that happen, not to me nor my family." She took off her coat revealing a beautiful rounded belly. I got a burning feeling of love wash over me upon seeing it. "Can I?" She just nodded with a hint of a smile. I touched her swollen belly making a chuckle escape my lips. "I am going to be an aunt."