Art and Ruins

I descended the stairs to an awaiting Rhea Lombardi. She had a glint in her turquoise eyes I could not decipher, perhaps it was merely mischief. My heart was like a beating drum against my chest bones, for a moment I was afraid she was able to hear it. Keana was also awaiting in a corner with a solid look. There was almost no emotions in her dark navy blue eyes.

"I have to say, you look splendid young one." Rhea spoke with her soft yet firm voice once I reached her. I did not know what to make of all of this therefore I stayed quiet.

"Come, our ride awaits." We were escorted out by guards into a sleek black limousine with some golden details and of course the all so famous Rhea Lombardi insignia. To my arising horrible nerves the younger sibling did not accompany us.

The inside of the limousine was pure luxury. What is expected exactly of a Queen. I tried to keep as much distance as I could from Rhea. Her scent was enough to stir unknown emotions within me. The driver begun our journey to our awaiting unknown destination, everything inside these huge golden gates is splendid and magnificent, but I do not know what to expect of the outside world. I couldn't even imagine a world before Rhea. I felt her cold stare upon me, which made my own advert to hers.

"I am almost able to predict what you are thinking." She served us a glass of champagne. Her delicate hand offered me the golden beverage. With nerves rising I took it from her hand. For now all we could see were trees, after all the castle is surrounded by nature. 

"The world was not as splendid as you believe it was. After all you were not even born."

"You had no absolute right to destroy the life humans had before." I spoke getting agitated it angered me more to see her so composed, she is completely emotionless.

"The human specie was not destined to great things Eden, I will explain my views further once we get out of this vehicle." I had to bite my tongue. Our views will never be the same. Rhea is a destroyer of lives, families, nations and even herself. She is so caught up in this perfect narcissistic image she has created that she is unable to see the harm she has caused. After an hour of silence, the vehicle came to a stop. There were ruins and still standing buildings all around us. Even new creations were being made, workers from all over the world building up the town. I believe it was Rhea's doing, the new constructions were symbolizing the ones from antique Rome.

"What are they creating?"

"A new world." She shortly replied, before she motioned for me to follow her. I did, this time curious enough to see what she was going to show me. We entered a building that had been recently restored. The floors made of marble, you could see yourself in the white reflection of it. The whole interior was beautifully decorated and most impressive of all it was covered in famous paintings I had learn about from only books.

"I am an art enthusiast, it has always been a passion my heart held within its non-beating walls." Her smooth firm voice was something that has always caught my attention, as much as I hate to admit. She spoke in such a delicate way she could make you forget about everything even if she was only speaking about the chilly weather. There was a detail that made me stop, her non-beating heart?

"You have no heartbeat?" She stopped gazing at a painting to look me in the eyes. Her aqua eyes a light color and the brim golden as the shining sun.

"Every being with a beating heart has its life limited, the heart is the life of everything and so it determines, like the engine of a car. Once it stops working, the car does so as well. Having a heartbeat limits life, it is why I do not have one even though I do have a heart."