Royal encounters

Rhea's POV

Snow was falling on our troops as well as our shoulders as we slowly made our way through a wasteland. My black stallion was feeling the souls still roaming this graveyard, I bet some of the bodies still had their blood warm. My hair was half in a thin braid and half loose over my shoulders down to my breast. The snow was making the black color of it justice as it did with my horse. As my men spoke you were reminded of how deadly winter can be, their very own breath was the reflection of it; The evidence was in their shivering bodies. I rode side by side with my siblings, taking in the scene before our eyes. Germany was truly once again at war, but I'm afraid that this pointless human carried show, was not going to leave this land. It has always been doomed.

Crows were picking at some of the dead men's eyes, feasting on their flesh like earth depended on it. Our troops were gigantic, yet I am sure the ones who caused these deaths were watching us from afar, studying our movements and pace even the patterns of our breath, the cold was useful to determine such thing. I could feel their alive energy, rapid beating hearts and the stench of sweat on the side of their faces, poor treacherous human bodies trying very hard to keep themselves steady to avoid getting caught.

"These are all men under your command m'lady." Octavio spoke with his purple eyes blazing because of the cold as well as his hair that had turned quite a beautiful silver color.

"I am aware of their armor Octavio." I replied nonchalantly. If they died by the greasy hands of humans and some clowns that call themselves Braziaks, then so beat it. It only meant they failed in their training as soldiers. I was not one to have weak soldiers as followers, their deaths meant only an amount of numbers and nothing more.

"I can sense them still." My sister spoke in her low voice, some of the dead men belonged to her army, some were her own creation so she felt as life slowly left their torn apart bodies.

"Does it not make you a tinge hungry dear sister?" I asked with some humor wanting to get a rise of her. Even if circumstances did not call for it. I knew the sight of fresh warm blood made her insides burn with sinful desire. She might be stronger than any of the kind above humans, but that deadly hunger shall always remain in the cages buried within her soul, beating impatiently waiting to be attended. We could control our hunger for a determined period of time though ignored for a while and it will surely make the beast inside of us come out to feast.

"Do you not feel at least one percent bad for these men that died protecting your honor?" Her sparkling eyes met my own in question, they were brighter than usual due to the cold.

"They were weak, they had the death they deserved. A proper soldier does not get killed as easily by mere men."

"Pity, just minutes before, some of them were right here." James decided to speak in his deep voice. The crown on his head a little too big for him. We all wear our crowns in representation of the Lombardi power. Keana's was more delicate made from gold and emeralds. Her hair flowing down complimented it perfectly, it was not a crown proper for fancy balls or reunions but it was perfect for the occasion as was my own. Completely black with a blue diamond right in the middle. My crown did not rest upon my head, it was around my forehead with the diamond aligned precisely in the middle of my forehead. I was ready to get my hands covered in blood and as I do, my crown needs to stay perfectly in place. It has always been a sign of power and no other than a true ruler is allowed to wear one and of course their life partners that is if we ever decide to fully marry.

"They are still around, split up. I want at least two of these ignorant fools caught." I spoke loudly, Octavio was quick to direct a few men towards different directions of this dead forest as half of the troop stayed with us.