Chapter 12: The Past Comes Back

Nick came home and said, "Honey, I'm home!" Tara gave him a kiss and asked, "How was your day? I know Ashton had a wonderful one!" He told them both, "I met with Ron and Sharona Manning about their daughter, Becca.  She was stalked until they moved from Ohio. Her ex boyfriend and some of his cronies have tracked them here. They wanted to hire a bodyguard but we are all booked up right now.  His daughter doesn't want one.

Ashton spoke, "I know Becca and I don't mind being her bodyguard. I told her today you were training me. I know about her case, dad please let me do this for her." Nick thought deeply for a little while and said, "Okay, since you go to school with her you can blend in easy but no guns. I will assist you in protecting her when she is at home. Tara said, "I would like to help you with this case, Nick. But before I burst, I wanted to tell you some wonderful news! I am pregnant!" Nick was so excited. He scooped her up and gave her lots of kisses.

Ashton replied, "Awesome, I am going to be a big brother! Congrats, Mom!" He hugged his mom and dad. Nick thought for a minute and said, "Hold on, I think maybe we should see if the Mannings would move in with us until the case is over. I want to protect my family from danger, especially since I am going to have another son or daughter on the way." Ashton texted Becca, "Guess who is your new bodyguard?" She said, "Hopefully you." He replied, "Yes and would you mind asking your parents if they would mind moving in with me, my dad, and mom. You see, my dad is also going to help protect you and your family. Also, my mom is pregnant."

Her parents thought it over and wanted their family safe so they agreed to moving in with them this weekend. Becca replied, "It is a go, roomie." Ashton informed his parents about their decision and a huge weight was lifted off of Nick's shoulders because Tara and Ashton were his number one priority. Tara and Nick found out that Richard Moreno, Becca's ex boyfriend, had enrolled at Ranger High School. Ashton clenched his fists and said, "That lowlife won't leave her alone." Nick responded, "Son, since he has a record, all we have to do is catch him possessing drugs or attempting to sell, then we will have him." Tara exclaimed, "Your father is right, honey. I can't wait to find out if our baby is a girl or a boy. I bet it's a girl. We can name her Alice Marie Townsend!" Nick chuckled and gave his wife a kiss. He said, "That is a perfect name for our little princess." Ashton said, "It could be a boy." Nick said, "Your mom was right when she said you were going to be a boy. I bet last time and lost so I will agree with my sweetheart."

Ashton found out where the Mannings lived from his dad so he could pick her up for school tomorrow. He texted Becca, "What are you up to?" She said, "Just watching a movie. How about you?" Ashton told his mom and dad, "I am going to Becca's for a few hours. I will be back at 9pm."

Nick was about to object until Tara whispered, "We can have some alone time while he is out. He is smitten with her." Nick said to Ashton, "Okay, but text us when you are heading back home." Ashton left with a big smile on his face thinking, "Becca will be surprised." Nick turned to Tara and said, "Okay, he is gone now so you are all mine." Tara said, "Catch me, Mr. Townsend." She ran to their room and he eventually caught her. They started to kiss and he said, "I love you, Mrs. Townsend." She smiled and said, "I love you, too, my darling." She took off his shirt and touched his abs. He gave her sweet kisses on her neck and lips. They enjoyed having time to themselves.

Ashton arrived at Becca's house. He grabbed his guitar out of his red jeep. He texted her, "Look outside." Ashton started to play a cover to the song, "Thinking Out Loud," by Ed Sheeran. Becca opened her window and was in awe of what Ashton was doing. It brought her to tears. She wasn't used to being treated so special. After he was finished, he put his guitar back in the jeep and climbed the vines to her window. He said, "I wanted to surprise you since we found out about your ex, Richard, will be attending school with us. I wanted to tell you personally and say that he won't harm you because I am here to protect you. Just call me your 'protective bodyguard'." She said, "Thank you, Ashton. I just met you but I feel like I've known you much longer than that." She helped him inside. They had popcorn and watched movies.

Ashton was about to leave when Richard drove by and saw a different car at Becca's. He started shooting at the house. Downstairs, her parents ducked for cover.  Ashton pushed Becca onto the floor. He texted his father, "Emergency, shots fired at Becca's." Ashton then called 911. He told Becca to stay down and went to check on her parents. They were okay and luckily, unscathed. Ashton was relieved as he went upstairs to tell Becca about what happened. Becca stood up and asked, "Are my parents okay?" He managed to say, "Your parents are alright."

She started to feel faint when Ashton caught her. Tears came down her face which was making it hard for her to breath. Nick and Tara were in the car racing to Becca's worrying about their son and the Mannings. Nick told his wife, "Stay behind me, Tara." They arrived before the cops.  Nick checked on the Mannings and saw they were fine but on edge after the incident. He called out, "Ashton! Becca! Are you both ok?" Ashton helped Becca walk down the stairs and said, "Yes, we are alright, Dad." Tara went to hug them both. She said, "I am so sorry that you have to go through this, Becca." Her parents came and hugged her tightly. Nick agreed with Tara and then ushered everyone towards the cars.

The police arrived, asked questions and then left after they finished their report. No one witnessed the shooting but it wasn't hard to guess that it was Richard, however, they couldn't prove it yet.  Becca didn't say a word because she was still in shock over the whole ordeal. Ashton held her tightly in his embrace in the back of the car. Tara drove Ashton and Becca while Nick drove Ashton's car with Becca's parents back to the Townsend residence.