Chapter 15: Epilogue

Four years later, Ashton graduated from college and decided he wanted to help his dad train bodyguards. He also became a high school theater teacher at their old high school.  Becca graduated and worked at the history museum in town. He proposed to Becca on her birthday. They just married. Tara cried happy tears along with Becca's mom. Nick was holding his daughter, Alice's hand and told his son, "I am so proud of you, Ashton. It is wonderful to have another daughter, Becca." Becca's dad gave Ashton and Becca a hug.

When they were about to drive off Tara said, "I told you both years ago you were a cute couple! I love you guys!" Ashton replied, "I love you, Mom!" Becca waved goodbye as they left for their honeymoon. After they drove away, Nick and Tara went home with Alice. They noticed new neighbors moving in next door.

Tara said, "I miss my baby and can't wait to see them after their honeymoon." Nick gave Tara a reassuring kiss and said, "I love you and you will see him in a few days. They will be living with us for awhile." Nick and Tara went to welcome the neighbors while Alice followed carrying cookies.

Alice saw a boy that was 4 years old, like her. She went to say hello and offered him a chocolate chip cookie. Alice had black hair like her mother and her eyes were dark brown. The boy had dark blonde hair and green eyes. He said, "Hi I'm Jeremy Bryant! What's your name?" She replied, "I am Alice Townsend! Let's be friends!" Jeremy nodded and they played outside for hours while their parents watched. This was a beginning of a friendship between Alice and Jeremy.

Ashton came home a few days later from their honeymoon in the Bahamas with his wife, Becca. 2 months later, they had exciting news: Becca was pregnant. Tara told Nick, "I knew they would be having kids soon!" Nick kissed her and replied, "Nothing gets past you, but me." Tara commented back, "Oh really, Nick? Ashton and Becca watch Alice, please. Now, try and catch me." Nick replied, "I always catch you because you let me, my darling." They ran towards the bedroom while Ashton and Becca took Alice to get ice cream.

Alice asked if Jeremy could come and they said, "Of course your friend can come!" Becca whispered to Ashton, "You will always be my protective bodyguard!" Ashton chuckled and replied, "Yes always, my love." They gave each other a quick kiss while Jeremy and Alice shared their ice creams.

Tara said to Nick, "I am so happy, Nick. Our family means the world to me! I love you so much my protective bodyguard!" Nick replied, "I love you too, Tara! You are the best thing that had ever happened to me and our family as well!"

Ashton and Becca had a boy and a girl, fraternal twins. They were named Janie Danielle Townsend and Jake Carter Townsend. Tara and Nick enjoyed having a full house with their kids and grandchildren.  They planned to expand their house. Nick, Tara, Ashton, and Becca would pass the torch on to their kids. Who knows what's around the corner. One thing was for sure, they will always have their protective bodyguards by their sides.