Le Chapter Twelve

You ran through the forest, never looking back.  Soon, storm clouds started rolling in and you immediately regretted your decision to make such a dramatic exit wihtout hinking it through completely.  The rain starts pouring down on you, so you pull up your hood.  You hold your basket close to your chest.  You shivered as you made your way through the forest. 

Suddenly, you hear a growl to your right.  You glance in that direction, seeing a growling zombie moving towards you.  You start to head in the oppsoite direction, but you're met with another zombie.  Soon, you are surrouded by zombies.   They start closing in on you.

One lunges at you, but you manage to dodge it.  Another moves to attack you, but you dodge it as well.  This repeats for a few moments, but soon you start to feel tired and are unable to dodge as well as before.  A zombie scratches you, butting your arm deep.  You yelp, covering your cut with your arm 

You drop to your knees as they close in.  You prepare to be eaten alive, but instead you hear a combinatiion of grunts, slashes, and zombies growling.  You open your eyes to see a familiar figure killing the zombies.  You thought it was Herobrine, so you got ready to run away again, but they turned aroud, revealing that it was Steve.

"Steve?"  You said, still on the ground.

"Hey,"  He says, offering you his hand  You take his hand, standing from the ground.

"Thank you,"  You smile.

"No problem.  But why are you out here?  Shouldn't you be inside?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Steve,"

"That doesn't matter, what matters is getting you back to the castle, c'mon,"

"No.  I... I can't go back there,"

"Why not?"

"I'd rather not talk about it right now,"

"You have nowhere else to go, Y/N."  You pause for a moment.

"Your place?"   You look up to Steve, although you couldn't raelly see him through the darkness that surrounded you two.  Nearby, a bolt of lightning strikes the Earth, momentarily illuminating the area, and for a moment, you thought you could see a slight smirk on Steve's face.

"Sure, I'll keep you safe,"  He says, wrapping his arm around your shoulders, leading you towards his house. 

His house was small, but still had everything needed to sustain human life comfortably.  He had a bed, a furnace, crafting table, and a few chests. 

"I only have one bed, so you can have it tonight,"

"No, I can't,"

"Really, it's okay,"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."  He smiles.  You set your cloak and basket on the bed.  "So, how long are you thinking of staying for?"

"I don't know, just until I get on my feet.  But if you don't want me to stay for very long, you can just say so, and I'll leave,"

"No, no, I was just curious.  You can stay for as long as you need,"

"Thank you, Steve,"

"I'm so sorry for asking again, but why can't you go back to the castle?"  You pause, contemplating telling him or not.

"Um... Apparently, I was being used by Herobrine,"  You shivered when you said his name, but kept going, "to produce this chemical so he can make this potion, or whatever,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah, anyway, I'm gonna go to sleep now,"

"Yeah, you do that,"

"Goodnight,"

"Goodnight."  You climbed into the bed and after hours of tossing turning, you fell asleep.