Le Chapter Sixteen

You woke up the next morning, bright and early.  You felt way better than you had the day before.  You got out of bed and got dressed for your 'spy mission'.  You then headed to the dining, eating your breakfast.  You finished before Hero joined you at the table. 

"You ready for today?"  He asked.

"Hell yeah, I am!"  You reply, "So what exactly am I looking for?"

"Anything that can help us prepare for his attack.  When he's coming, how, where, with what weapons, things like that,"

"Alrighty then, I guess I'd better get going," 

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I think I can handle myself,"

"Alright, well, whenever you're ready.  If you're not back in twenty minutes, I'm coming to get you,"

"Okay, guess I'll see you in less than twenty minutes, then."  You head towards the exit of the castle.  You grab an iron sword off the wall, just in case.

You didn't see Steve anywhere, so you entered his house.  You looked through his chests but didn't find anything that seemed important.  You suddenly heard footsteps outside the house.  You look through the window, watching Steve as he closes a secret door made out of a rock in the cave.  He starts walking towards the house, a key in hand.  You dart under the bed. 

Steve enters the house, slowly walking towards the bed.  Your breath hitched when he bent down near the bed.  You thought you had been caught.  But all Steve did was place the key under the chest near the bed.  He then stood up and made his way to the door, exiting the house.  You let out a breath of relief.  You get out from under the bed, watching through the window as Steve walks away, a completely blank expression on his face.  It was almost as if he was a robot, or something..  You grab the key under the chest, exiting the house.  You then go to the cave finding the key hole Steve had used.  You unlock the stone door, revealing a staircase leading down into the Earth.

You head down the staircase, finding a pretty big room, completely lined with chests and potion stands.  On the right wall there was a map with red markings all over it.  You get closer, finding a date circled in red on the map.  It read "10/07/17".  You gasped when you realized that was today.  You looked through all of the chests, finding that they were all filled with Ghast tears mundane potions, blaze rods, fermented spider eyes, and gunpowder.  You knew these to be the ingredients for the Backerswide.  You keep moving through the room.

You head towards the farthest wall from the entrance, seeing that it had a red curtain over it.  You reach up towards the curtain, ready to pull it back.  You gasped when you saw what was behind it.