Le Chapter Seventeen

You gasped when you pulled back the curtain to reveal Steve. He was floating in a tube full of a pink liquid. He had tubes attached to him at all angles. But didn't I just see him a moment ago? Did he clone himself?

You looked at the bottom of the tube, seeing a plaque that read "Amorium". You connected the dots, realizing that Steve has been pumping himself full of Amorium, trying to make himself stronger. For tonight, probably, to attack. But why tonight? You looked around the bottom of the tube more, finding a book. It had a bookmark, so you opened it to there.

"October 7th" Was the title of the page. You kept reading, "Every seventeen years, on October 7th at 3:00 pm, a rip is created in the veil between this world and the real world, but for only five minutes. Anything that goes through this rip is teleported to a random part of the real world Earth." You read. You check your watch, seeing that it is 2:45 pm.

"Weeeeell, shucks," You say, "Better finish this up soon," You say to yourself. Suddenly, you hear banging on the glass above you. You look up to see that Steve is awake an banging on the glass. It cracks and a little bit of the Amorium leaks, landing on your arm. It burns for a moment, then evaporates quickly.

You turn around immediately and sprint out of the cave. You start heading towards the castle as fast as your legs could carry you. You were almost there when you hear loud rumbling behind you. You turn around, seeing a large billow of smoke coming from where Steve's house was. You keep heading towards the castle.

You hear quick footsteps behind you, so you glance behind you, seeing Steve running rapidly towards you. His eyes glowed a vibrant dark pink. You started running, but he caught up to you, tackling you to the ground. You scream out as you fall to the ground. Steve rolls over, immediately getting back up. You stand as well, brandishing your sword.

"Your puny little sword is no match against me, Y/N," Steve says. You glance at the castle, seeing how close it is.

"Get out of my way, Steve," You say.

"I don't think so, sweetheart," He says. You lunge at, gong to slash his arm, but he dodges. As he does so, you keep running. Steve chases after you. He goes to tackle you again, but you duck, causing him to trip over you and fall to the ground. You run through the gate, slamming it shut. A while back, Hero had put an invisible barrier against any unauthorized beings around the castle.

You run up the steps and thrust open the doors.

"HERO!" You shout as loudly as you can. Hero comes running.

"Y/N, what's going on?" He asks.

"Steve's outside, he's trying to get inside, what we going to do?"

"The barrier should hold him, he's just a--"

"No, he's been pumping himself full of Amorium, he's way stronger than you think, Hero,"

"He's not authorized to pass, we're safe in here--"

Hero is cut off as he says this when the doors fling open.