Rage - Decomi

Declan POV:

The world is a terrible place. It's been proven countless times. It's like the world is constantly trying to find new ways to remind me of the fact, and for a while, I thought it would be the only thing I'd ever feel.

And for the most part, I was right. It never really changed until a few months ago, when I started going to Dartwell High. I'm not talking about the admiration from my classmates. I'm not talking about the end of my bullying. I'm not even talking about my friends, Jordan and Bennett.

No, what I'm talking about is Naomi. At first glance, she doesn't seem like much. Some nerdy kid with glasses who carries around a big pile of books and tries to stay out of people's way. That's what everyone else treated her like. Just some nerdy girl in the background. But like everyone, she's so much more than meets the eye. Especially to me.

From day one, I promised myself I wouldn't let my guard down. I'd built up this sort of mental wall around myself, and no one, not even Jordan or Bennett, were able to break it. I guess it's just the kind of thing that happens when you've been hurting for so long. And it went well for the most part. People only knew the necessary facts about me. They couldn't judge my personality, couldn't judge my past, and couldn't judge my life. They had nothing to hurt me with. No strategic insults that they knew would get to me. Nothing they could use for blackmail. I was in complete control.

But then this damn girl gets thrown into my life and completely messes it up. I had promised myself I would keep myself calm during my time at Dartwell. But I saw this teary eyed girl, crumpled up on the ground and taking hits like it was routine for her, and I saw myself in her.

I saw the sad, hopeless boy who took whatever the world threw at him without trying to fight back, to make it stop, to ease the pain, because he knew it was hopeless. He knew it would only get worse. Because he thought that this was how it would always be. I looked at her and decided that I couldn't, that I wouldn't, let it happen to someone else.

So I broke my promise. I let my rage get the best of me, and before I can even think it over, I'm on top of the kid, pounding my fists against his face while he struggles to fight back. While he begs for mercy. But I don't listen to him. All I can think of is the red that I'm seeing and the rage that I'm feeling. I keep going, punch after punch, until I hear a weak voice calling out from behind me and begging me to stop. So I do.

I turn back around to face her as the boy's friends help him to get up and walk away while they send me dirty looks. But I only look back at the girl, who's now sitting upright.

I offered my hand to her, but she shoved it away, saying that I had only made it worse and asking me to leave. And so, with a suffocating amount of guilt, I turn around and walk away from the sobbing girl.

Sorry it's so short. I just wanted to post a decomi shot. I'll write more decomi and other ships soon, just really wanted to have a bit of each and I waited too long to post. Hope you guys like it :)