Jordomi - I'll still love you

Naomi POV:

Rain has always been my favorite type of weather. I know, I know. Call me crazy. Or stupid. Or both. Most people I know hate the rain. But for me, it's always been a sort of saving grace. It means my bullies would stay at home instead of being out and about, looking for even more ways to make my life hell. But today, the rain seemed to do nothing more than make my already-bad mood even worse.

I was snuggled up on the couch in the base in front of the fire. I had been trying to read, but the words just seemed to have no effect on me. My mind was too busy thinking about something, or rather someone, else: Jordan.

I used to laugh at the thought of spending so much time thinking about someone else. I thought it was stupid how much girls could obsess over a crush. But now I'm that girl. Of course, I'm not stupid. As cliche as it may sound, there's no way in hell that he likes me back, or at least not in that way. He's Jordan Wallace. THE Jordan Wallace. And I'm... well, I'm me. And obviously, I was out of the running before I was even in it. I mean, honestly, he could have ANYONE. There are girls who are prettier than me, who are more fun than me, who can make him laugh more than me, who don't need to depend on him as much as me... so what kind of crazy person would go for me? Besides, he deserves so much better...

I'm brought out of my thoughts when the man in question enters the room with a happy yet anxious smile on his face.

"Naomi! There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you," he says, taking a seat on the recliner chair so he's facing me. I closed my book and tossed it aside before giving him my full attention, because Jordan deserves nothing less.

"Hey, Jordan. What did you need?" I asked. Despite my hopeless, defeated mood, I manage to give him a friendly smile.

"Well... you're a girl, right?" he asks. There's a sort of awkward tension in the air, but I'm not really sure why. I look down at myself as if I was checking to make sure.

"Well, unless I've got my genders mixed up... I'm pretty sure I am," I say. The tension eases a little bit as Jordan and I burst out laughing.

"Okay, good, cause I actually wanted to ask you for advice," he said. I unconsciously raise an eyebrow at this.

"Go on..." I push.

"Well, if a guy were to ask you out, how would you want him to do it?" he said. His face was now bright red, and it doesn't take long for me to realize what's going on.

"Oh my God! You like someone, don't you?" I asked. His face grew even redder if that was possible.

"You're too smart for your own good," he said, ruffling my hair. "Yeah, I like someone. Actually, 'like' would be putting it mildly. I think I love them," he admitted. Despite the feeling of utter sadness and even jealousy in my chest, I play the part of the supportive friend, because that's what you do for the one you love, right?

"Well, tell me about her. So I can get a better idea of how she might want you to ask her out," I said. His face immediately lit up, like he was about to explain the miracle of God to me, and I found myself wishing with every piece of my heart that I was this girl. The girl who's probably prettier than me. Probably more fun than me. Probably smarter than me. The girl who Jordan's heart belonged to.

"She's absolutely amazing," he said. "And she's gorgeous, too. She has the softest, most beautiful hair, and her smile is the most adorable thing you'd ever seen. And her eyes, oh my God, I get so lost in her eyes. They're so sparkly and she makes the cutest expressions with them. And she always says she looks too plain or whatever, but I'd never change a thing about her," he explained, but by now it was more like he was talking to himself. His expression was so warm and loving when he talked about her, and I couldn't help but wonder who could make THE Jordan Wallace feel so strongly for them. Whoever they are, they're lucky.