Abusive preview(trigger warning: abusive relationship)

Naomi POV:

 I let out a small laugh as the boys erupted in a fit of laughter. The music inside the house was loud and made my head pound, but I was too caught up in the conversation to care. My feet were beginning to ache from my heels, but I still kept them on, knowing Ryan liked it best when I wore them. I also wore a short, tight dress showed a bit more than I was comfortable with, but I knew Ryan liked it. After all, he picked it out for me.

I ignored the musketeers' disapproving looks towards my outfit as the conversation carried on. Ryan was a member of Ursa Major, one of the gangs that the Musketeers worked with. We had met on the night that the Musketeers introduced me to the other gangs, and he was a complete gentleman from the start: compassionate, funny, respectful, and considerate. He was handsome, too. Maybe not as handsome as the musketeers, but he was damn near it. His hair was a healthy dark brown color which complimented his light brown eyes. He had a charming smile that would win practically anyone over. In fact, it even won over the Musketeers.

My best friends, surprisingly, had no problem when, four weeks later, we told them we were dating. I knew that they trusted Ryan a bit more than they trusted most of the other gang members, and Ryan was certainly charming and persuasive, but it was almost unbelievable how easy it was for him to win the boys over. They were even happy for him, giving him the usual clap on the back and half hugs that guys always do. I could tell that they were good friends, but I didn't know they trusted him so much. Ryan must have really gotten on their good sides.

A little while after me and Ryan started dating, me and the boys started drifting apart. I had less opportunities to hang out with them, and as a result, less opportunities to stay close to them. We were still able to spend time together, but that was usually only at big parties like this, where Ryan is with me and usually takes up most of my time. I could tell that the boys were frustrated with me, but it's not like I wanted things to be this way.

"Naomi, I heard you got into Harvard," Jordan said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I give him a small smile.

"Yeah, but I think I'm going to turn them down," I said, causing all of the boys around me, which included the other to Musketeers and two boys from the Paper Cranes, David and Lucas, to frown. Ryan was the only one who kept a supportive smile on his face.

"What? Why?" Declan asked. "You've wanted to go to Harvard since you were a kid." His statement sent a small pang of pain through my heart, because he was right: I really did want to go to Harvard.

"I don't know. I just feel like it's not the right place for me. I think I'm going to go to Villanova," I said with a shrug.

"Isn't that where Ryan is going?" Bennett asked. Ryan slung his arm around my shoulder with a smile.

"Yeah. If she decides on Villanova we'll be going together." I knew it wasn't actually my decision to make.

"Naomi, I really think you should go to Harvard," Declan said. "At least just... think about it, okay? I know you two really like each other, but I don't think you should give up your dream college just to be with him. And besides, you could always just facetime or visit each other." he said. I nodded and gave him a small smile, even though the decision was practically already made for me. I was going to Villanova, no matter how much I wanted to go to Harvard.

"Well, we should really be going," Ryan said, checking the time on his phone. "Naomi had a really late night last night and she's probably exhausted by now."

"What were you doing last night?" Jordan asked.

"Oh, just stuff," Ryan said, but his suggestive tone caused all the guys burst out laughing, except for Declan who, once again, only gave me a disapproving stare. Despite what I knew they were all thinking, we didn't actually do anything last night. However, I didn't bother to correct him, because I knew it wasn't a big enough deal to make a fuss over.

The boys said their goodbyes before we parted ways, before we left with Ryan's arm around my waist. As soon as we were outside, Brent's hand tightened around my waist to the point where his grip was almost painful.

"What the hell was that?" he hissed into my ear.

"What?" I asked in confusion. I thought I hadn't done anything wrong.

"You were practically throwing yourself at Declan, you filthy whore." That wasn't true at all. I'd barely even spoken to him all night other than those few words we had exchanged about my future plans.

"I-I wasn't throwing myself at-" I was cut off my a harsh slap to my cheek.

"Shut up," he growled. "I will not have you acting like a slut when we are in public. Get in the car," he said, roughly shoving me into the car and slamming the door I enjoy the few seconds of peace I have before he gets into the drivers side of the car. "You were a whore tonight and now you need to be punished."

I could see now why he could so easily get the Musketeers on his side. He was a charismatic, charming, and aware of everything, a master manipulator who would notice every single thing you do, figure out how you think, and use it to his advantage. He would convince you that he was on your side, coax you into leaning on him and giving him control over your life thinking you're safe, and then he'll destroy you from the inside. I only wished I'd realized that sooner.

"I do," I whispered with tears already falling from my eyes.

My idea for a new oneshot book. This is the preview of it, because I wanted to see if you guys liked the idea before I continued writing it. It will deal with Naomi both in an abusive relationship and after she gets out of one. See if you can spot some of the red flags(other than the obvious ending) in this part. Was I making everything too obvious or fast paced? Was it unrealistic? Let me know what you guys think of it.