What did you just call him - Jordomi

I was practically frozen in place. Naomi stopped walking when she realized I wasn't moving anymore, and turned back around with a confused look on her face. I really don't blame her. I probably looked crazy, standing so still with such a shocked expression on my face. I could only imagine I looked kind of like a deer caught in headlights.

Naomi followed my gaze to what, or, to be more specific, who had caused me to suddenly go into panic mode. The brown haired boy and his friends hadn't noticed us yet, but I definitely noticed them. I might not have even known who they were at all if some of them hadn't been wearing the same varsity jackets they wore almost every day when I went to school with them. I swear, it was like a badge of honor to them. They have no honor, I almost snorted out loud.

"Jordan." I'm brought out of my thoughts as I snap my gaze to Naomi, who had a befuddled look on her face as her eyes stayed trained on the small pack of boys, which only had a few girls mixed in. "Who are they?"

I turn back to look at the boys with her. For a split second, I consider telling her the truth, but decide against it because I know she'll most likely lose it if she found out.

"No one," I say. I firmly grab her hand and start walking in a different direction, tugging her along with me. "Let's go this way, it looks more inter-" I'm cut off by the voice I'd learned to dread since I was seven.

"Yo, is that Wallace?" I freeze in my spot, still holding Naomi's hand tightly. Please, please be talking about someone else with the name Wallace. Please don't notice me. Please just let me carry on with my day. I don't want this right now. I feel a small hand lightly touch my cheek, and I immediately relax from the touch of the only one who has this effect on me.

"Jordan, calm down." I let out a breath and tried to relax for her sake. "Who are they?" she repeated the same question she had asked a minute ago.

"I'll tell you later," I responded. I saw a small frown appear on her face.

"But-" she's cut off by another, much closer voice.

"How's our blind boy, huh?" I immediately tense at the name, and Naomi's expression immediately changes to one of anger. I let out a long breath and turn around to find Noah much closer than I thought he would be. And by close, I mean only a foot away. I instinctively take a step back, uncomfortable with how close he was. He and his friends all leered at me, and I noticed the few girls in the group smirking at Naomi. I recognized most of them with the exception of about three new people who looked almost as confused as Naomi.

"What did you just call him?" Naomi demands. She takes two steps towards him before I grab her by the waist to hold her back. I'm not letting her get involved in this. At least not any more than she already is. Naomi opens her mouth to protest, but I give her a look begging her to just stay quiet. She lets out a defeated sigh and stops struggling, and I almost thank God. I don't want Noah targeting her too.

Noah smirked at Naomi. "Aw, did the blind bat finally find someone disabled enough to love him back?" Too late. Had I not kept a tight grip on Naomi, Noah might be dead right now.

"Let go of me! He deserves every punch he's going to get!" Naomi struggled against my hold, and it took every ounce of power in me to keep holding her tightly against my body. Such a feisty attitude for such a small person.

"Aw, did I upset you?" Noah taunted Naomi. She eventually gave up struggling against me, and I was able to let go of her.

"Leave her out of this, Noah. You hate me, remember? Not her. Me." His condescending gaze turned back to me, and I wanted to slap his smirking face so badly.