Jordomi - birthday surprise

Naomi POV:

    In past years, my birthday had never been a big deal. I never had any friends to celebrate it with, so it usually consisted of me and my parents, a cake, and maybe a movie. I had never had a problem with that, though. I was never the type of person to throw some sort of big, fancy party just to celebrate myself. It was too much hassle and I would much rather stay at home, snuggled up in a blanket watching my favorite movie than stay out until 2 a.m. screaming along to blasting music and trying to dance in those walking death traps and not being able to walk right the next morning. Call me boring, but that's just not my thing. But as much as I enjoyed spending my birthday with my family, it always seemed like something was missing from it.

    And now, standing in front of the school building, unable to tear my gaze away from the big, grey letters that said "Naomi, happy birthday you lovable dork! - 3M" in the coolest font I'd ever seen that had been spray painted across the side of the school, I decided that maybe I'm okay with just sticking to my parents and me. Who needs friends when you can just stay at home and enjoy NOT worrying about your friend possibly getting expelled for vandalism? I am pulled out of my state of shock when I am practically tackled to the ground by the guy who undoubtedly was the one to write - or paint - it.

    "Happy birthday, Nay!" Despite trying my best to stay mad at him, I can't help but laugh while saying "Jordan, you idiot! Did you really have to do that?"

    "Yes, Naomi. Yes I did." God, if he wasn't such a lovable teddy bear, I probably would've slit his throat. But I can't stay mad at Jordan. That doesn't mean I won't pretend to be, though.

    "You do realize you could get suspended or even expelled for this, right? You might even go to jail!" He presses a finger to my lips to shush me, his laughter subsiding.

    "Ssh. Just enjoy it. It is your special day, after all. Don't spend it worrying about my criminal record." I laugh as the other two come running up to us, both of them giving me a big hug.

    "Happy birthday, shortstack," Declan says, earning a playful slap on the shoulder from me.

    "I can't believe you guys vandalized the entire school building," I said as I looked at all of the people who were either staring at the building or staring at us.

    "Correction. Jordan vandalized it. We just watched to make sure no one caught us," Declan said.

    "Yeah, and that really makes sense since you signed your names at the end anyways so that everybody can know who you are," I said. Declan ruffled my hair with a grin.

    "Don't worry about it. Today is about you. We can worry about criminal charges and permanent records another day," he responded.

***

    School went by like any other day, aside from the musketeers being pulled aside and screamed at by principal Barnes. Thankfully, Bennett was able to bribe her not to punish them, and they were let off both without punishment and a few thousand dollars poorer.

    Throughout the ride back to the base, Jordan sang the birthday song about eight times in five different ways, including in different languages, Declan refused almost twenty times to answer me when I asked what they had planned when I saw the sly grins all of them, even Bennett, were failing to hold back, and Bennett Jordan and Declan got into an argument about something involving twins born a minute apart, switching between daylight savings, and who would be older.

    As soon as we got to the base, I jumped out of the car, but before I could go inside, declan grabbed me by the waist, holding me back.

    "Wait. Don't go in yet," he said as Jordan and Bennett proceeded to go in, leaving me and Declan outside. "They need to do one last thing." I let out an annoyed huff as we waited.