june 7th, 1989 [3]

"what do you think? pretty cool, huh?" stanley smiled as he walked out of the bathroom, turning around in a full circle for eddie to see the full picture. he was showing off his bathing suit his mother bought him, saying something about his bar mitzvah being a success.  

eddie could lie and say he felt uncomfortable, that looking at a half-naked boy with a close enough six pack and strong arms made him feel weird. well, yeah, it made him feel weird. he couldn't look away.

"well?" stan asked, his eyebrows raising. eddie snapped out of his trance quick, not wanting to seem weird or anything.

"y-yeah, uh, it looks great, stan," he smiled. stan smiled along with him and nodded, turning around and grabbing a t-shirt to throw over for the time being.

"are you ready, eds?" he asked, eddie nodding slightly. he hated the nickname, dear god did it remind him of certain people, but he couldn't shoot down his new friend like that. at least not now, it wouldn't seem appropriate.

the two walked out of their cabin with their bathing suits and shirts on, towels in hand. as they walked, eddie could tell something was a little different from stan. this morning, when he had first met him, he was a little less...excited.

now, though, he seemed to be bursting with excitement. maybe it was just because the mornings of unpacking are boring, but it just felt odd to eddie. he shrugged it off as the pair made it to the quarry.

there were many other kids there, most of them eddie did not recognize. but who he did recognize was a boy with thick glasses, also named richie tozier. he was next to bill, who stan immediately ran up to and began their however-many-hours long conversation. eddie made his was to glasses.

"wheezy! just the person i'd love to see with no shirt on!" he smiled, patting eddie on the back harshly. "i mean, you definitely beat stan's mom, am i right?" he laughs, stan simply rolling his eyes.

"hi, richie," eddie sighed.

"i luh-like your s-swim suit, stuh-stan," he grinned, stanley returning the smile. "i luh-look like a-an idiot fuh-for forgetting t-to pah-pah-pack my own," he felt the blood rush to his cheeks. "i hah-had to wear s-some of r-r-richie's."

stan smiled as he looked down, observing that the swim suit was definitely far too big for bill's waist. "they don't look bad at all, bill, just a little big is all. i'm sure no one will notice, you'll be underwater the whole time anyway."

bill's smile grew as his face faded a soft pink. "th-thanks, stan," he fumbled with the drawstrings as he looked down at his feet. 

"okay homos, let's go get wet!" richie yelled, grabbing eddie's wrist as he pulled him onto a path. stan and bill followed closely behind, continuing on with their slightly flirtatious conversation. eddie was led right up to the top of a tall cliff, his eyes widening as he noticed what richie was asking to do.

"you want me to jump off of this?" eddie asked. it must've been twenty feet! hell, twenty stories! richie only laughed and slapped his back again. his bare back, which now stung like hell. "let's at least wait for bill and stan," he made up an excuse quickly.

just as if on cue, the two boys appeared from the pathway. they were shirtless now, abandoning their clothing somewhere around the quarry. eddie could tell bill was amazed by the almost six pack, just as he had been. richie must've been used to it.

"look at that hotstuff, stan!" richie whistled, walking over to the pair as he lightly slapped stan's stomach. the boy recoiled and bill laughed lightly, finding richie as a delightful excuse to look at his toned stomach.

"buzz off, tozier," he groaned, richie smiling and walking back to eddie. 

"you ready, wheezy?" he asked. eddie shook his head but richie just laughed, taking a hold of the younger boy's wrist and he ran to the edge.

"oh my god !" eddie yelled, the two both leaping off of the cliff together. they splashed into the lake, eddie coming up a little later with a look of shock still plastered on his face. stan smiled a little and turned to bill.

"do you want to hold my hand, bill?" stan asked, the blood starting to rush to his cheeks. "i-i mean, like, only because it's your first time jumping off, and it can always be scary because i had to do it by myself and-"

"th-th-that would be f-fine, stuh-stuh-stan," bill smiled, holding out his hand for stanley to take. they interlaced fingers and stood there for a moment, stan looking at their hands and bill looking at stan. stanley eventually looked up, their eyes meeting.

both their faces were pink. "uh-you, you ready?" stan asked, bill taking a semi-deep breath before nodding. stanley squeezed his hand. "don't worry," he whispered, "i'm right here." bill's heart jumped, and soon did bill's body, too. 

it was a rush of excitement, and the two boys didn't let go of hands until they were fully submerged underwater. "took you pussies long enough, what were you doing, screwing each other?" richie laughed, bill's face mixing a red.

stan's had gone pink, too, as he looked at bill and rolled his eyes. the four boys climbed all out of the water.

"last one up has to fuck stan's mom!" richie yelled, running back up the pathway.

stan just sighed, bill giggling lightly as he took a hold of his hand and lead him up the path.