june 8th, 1989 [8]

"this game is boring, eds, we need some spice. how about we go outside?" eddie sighed as he looked out the cabin window. it's been little over an hour since the rain had started pouring down, and since then, it hasn't stopped.

speakers around the camp had announced for all the campers to stay inside a cabin at all times, whether it be their's or not. "we can't, richie, and you know that," he sighed. the boy shrugged as he smiled, bright enough to light the gloomy sky.

"i mean, we can just sneak out. it's not like they are actually watching, eddie spaghetti," he said. eddie shook his head quickly.

"i can't risk getting a cold on day two, trashmouth. no way." richie frowned. he and eddie were stood in the cabin across from each other, after sitting was getting too bland for them. richie smiled as he draped an arm over eddie's shoulder.

"listen, eds," he started, "just go out with me this once, i'm almost positive you won't get a cold."

eddie was hesitant to agree. "i need a jacket."

"wear mine," richie offered. the younger boy sighed as he pushed off richie's arm, holding his hand out for his jacket. richie smiled as he willingly gave the jacket to eddie, watching as he put it on.

"if i get a cold i will so kill you, tozier," eddie warned. richie laughed it off as he reached over, grabbing eddie's hand with his own. the germaphobe retracted his hand. "what the hell are you doing?" he asked quickly. richie laughed, taking a hold of it once again.

eddie didn't let go this time as richie explained. "it's going to be cold, right? and the hands are a heat conductor for your body temperature. best be keeping them warm, beautiful boy." he winked.

"gag me," eddie rolled his eyes, richie smiling.

"gladly," he replied, dragging the boy out as they opened the cabin door. it was still pouring hard, and the boys were most certainly going to get drenched. "so, what's the plan, wheezy?" richie asked.

eddie shrugged. "this was your idea," he said, pointing at richie with his free hand. "so you better find something fun to do before i go back inside and warm up, four eyes."

richie thought for a moment. "do you want to go see stan and bill? maybe the four of us can hang out again," he asked. eddie nodded. "delicious. let's go, then," he smiled, leading the way. the other cabin was only a few yards away, but richie made the most of the walk as he twirled eddie by his hand.

"what the hell are you trying to do?" eddie asked as he saw richie raise their hands.

"twirl you. spin, ballerina!" he chanted. eddie was not amused. "it's like dancing, hotstuff. i know you've got moves," he winked once more, eddie beginning to blush. he shook his head and let go of richie's hand.

"you are mental," he rolled his eyes as he walked up to the cabin door, richie having to run to catch up.

bill and stan were sat on the floor, journals spread out as they wrote down whatever came to mind. this was stan's idea of fun, and luckily, bill thought it was okay. richie would've barfed. the two boys laughed as they wrote and talked, and occasionally bill would "accidentally" brush his hand upon stan's.

the two would then grow red, smiling at each other as they shared shy glances. in the moment, they had their stomachs pressed to the floor and their legs stretched out, the two writing, and doodling, in their journals. bill's non dominant hand was rested lazily on top of stan's. 

that's when a soaked richie tozier burst in from the door, causing droplets of water to splash across the front of the floor. bill whipped his hand from stan's. "what's up, nerds? we fuckin' stan's mom yet-"

"richie, i swear to gosh, i will punch you so hard in the face," stan sighed, sitting up from his previous position. despite being mad, he was obviously flustered and surprised, his face a bright pink. bill was the same.

"whatever you say, pumpkin," he winked, throwing himself onto eddie's neat bed. eddie scrunched up his nose at the idea of wet clothing- and that of richie tozier's- touching his own neat, tidy, perfectly clean bed. he cringed an incredible amount before calming down.

bill giggled in the meantime. "puh-pumpkin. what a cue-cute nicknha-ame, stuh-stan," he smiled. stan swatted off his amusement by frowning lightly and rolling his eyes. richie furrowed his eyebrows.

"what were you two asshats doing in here? writing in diaries?" stan sighed once more, shaking his head, almost routinely.

"no, dipstick, it's a journal. we were writing and drawing and things of those sorts," he replied. richie shrugged.

"did you write about your day, stan-the-man?" he asked.

stanley lowered his gaze as his cheeks became hotter. "yeah, so what?"

"so," richie started, leaning up to point his finger at his friend, "it's a diary." stan grew annoyed, wishing that their alone time could last longer. he liked being around bill, and just bill. and bill could see that.

eddie sighed. "richie, this was a mistake. you are just disrupting stan and his quiet time." he had a hard time not laughing during his sentence. "let's go, bucky beaver," he retorted, reaching his hand out to grab richie's hand.

the only time he would willingly take it, he thought. richie obliged as soon as the younger boy had made contact with him. it was like he was all mush. just a pile of mush. eddie dragged richie out of the cabin, shutting the door softly before anymore puddles were let in.

stan groaned, beginning to massage his temples with his fingers. bill frowned, leaning over and taking one hand away from his face, holding it in his own instead. "i am suh-sorry, stan. heh-he can get ah-annoying."

bill squeezed the other boy's hand, smiling softly towards him. and stan was

(all mush)

calm again.