june 7th, 1989 [5]

"let's start with me," the girl piped up once again, smiling. "i'm beverly marsh, also known as the girl with numerous bruises and black eyes every other day from an abusive dad," she smiled. "also known as the slut," she chipped in, as if this was all a joke.

eddie was gawking. "now, it's you're turn," she focused to the person beside her. it was a boy, a fat boy, with a fluffy fringe and an outer space shirt on.

"i'm ben hanscom, also known as the fatty," he sighed, looking down. this didn't seem like a nice game to start with, it was just lowering people's self esteem. eddie was next.

"i'm eddie kaspbrak, also know as the boy with too many medical problems."

"i'm richie tozier, also known as trashmouth, bucky beaver, and the one you found in your mom's bed last night."

and on and on until the whole group finished. it was a fairly small congregation, consisting of around twenty people, but it was large enough for the kids to grow bored. "alright! now that we've got that out of the way, the first game is seven minutes in heaven!" beverly giggled.

eddie groaned. he wanted to not be here, he wanted to be at home with mommy. or at least in his cabin, snuggled up with a great book and away from all the hormones of teenagers. "who wants to go first?" she smiled, taking an empty bottle of corona and holding it up.

richie laughed. "i'm sure we all know who is going first, thank you," he said cockily, taking the bottle from beverly's hands. how could he not- there was so much opportunity for something good! besides him, stan, bill, eddie, ben, and mike, there were all girls.

it was like a heaven of racks to richie.

he set down the bottle on the piece of cardboard beverly also brought, so it would spin correctly. everyone was in a fair enough circle, so richie smiled as he gave it a quick spin. it went on for awhile, the anticipation building up as it slowed down.

past beverly. past gretta. past lillian. past all the girls, and seemingly ending with the tip facing towards a boy. richie nearly puked.

"alright, first one is spicy!" beverly commented. "richie tozier and stanley uris!" she giggled, standing up as she gestured for them to do the same.

richie dry heaved. bill's eyes widened and stan couldn't breath, his eyes glued on the bottle. eddie let out a small laugh, he couldn't help it. "come on, you two!" she smiled, pulling them up by the wrists and sending them out of the circle.

they sighed, starting to walk deeper into the forest, so the group couldn't see them. "we aren't doing anything, right?"

"yes, numb nuts, we aren't doing shit," richie rolled his eyes at stan's comment, clearly aggravated he missed his chance tonight. the two stood uncomfortably, waiting for the seven minutes to fly past.

.

the four walked back to their cabins, most satisfied with what happened. or more of what didn't happen. eddie and richie walked ahead of the other two. "i mean, you have tomorrow, right?" eddie asked, trying to cheer richie up. he was especially mean while mad.

"sure, but it's embarrassing. first one to go on first night, and i get paired with stan? that's worse than his own mother, and that's saying a lot!" eddie giggled a little, causing richie to smile slightly. richie enjoyed an audience.

"whatever you say, trashmouth," he smiled, richie rolling his eyes. bill and stan walked behind, quite a few steps behind, actually. it was a dark night, and a few feet could cause someone to completely vanish into the abyss.

that was their goal, sort of. "yuh-you guys d-d-didn't do anything, ruh-right?" bill asked for the umpteenth time, just to make sure. stanley nodded.

"correct, bill," stan sighed. "i don't know why you're so worried about that?" he turned his statement into a question, turning towards his new (and very close) friend. bill's face flushed a rose, but stanley couldn't see.

"i-i don't know, e-either," he said, shrugging. stan bit his lower lip as the two continued to walk in silence. at one point, their hands brushed together, and both of them had blood rushing to their cheeks.

stan reached his pinkie out, taking a hold of bill's. slowly, it progressed to them interlacing their fingers, hands now fully connected. they were silent, their hearts beating faster than the steps they were taking.

the four made it to the cabin shortly after. bill and stan had to awkwardly let go of each other's hand, exchanging a short goodbye before stanley walked into his cabin. eddie followed.

stan sighed, falling onto his back on his bed. "my goodness, eddie, what a night. what a night indeed, eds," he said, repeating himself. he kept rethinking over how he and bill had held hands quietly, and how bill kept asking about the richie thing.

"you and bill were pretty far behind. you guys walk slow," eddie giggled, walking into the bathroom without shutting the door. he set out all of his medications and took each one, gulping them down with a small paper cup of water.

stan laughed at his comment, but felt blush creep onto his skin. he dug his face into his pillow. eddie eventually finished with his nightly medications, packing up everything as he changed into his nightwear. stanley fell asleep in his day clothing.

eddie chuckled at the sight of a passed out stan, snoring lovely and softly with no blankets to shield him from the chilly night. eddie climbed into his own bed, shutting off his bedside lamp as he closed his eyes.

june seventh, eddie thought. what a day.