june 8th, 1989 [6]

the morning sun flowed into the cabin as it struck eddie's face and eyes, causing him to squint while half-awake. he stuffed his face in his pillow, but was immediately woken up by a pair of cold hands on his neck.

"oh my god!" he yelled, jolting up to see richie laughing his ass off. stan wasn't in his bed and the bathroom door was closed. the clock read seven-fifty. "jesus christ, richie! what the hell is wrong with you?" eddie sighed, sitting up as he rubbed his tired eyes.

bill was also in the room, sitting on stan's bed as he patiently picked at his nails. richie continued to laugh as he placed a hand on eddie's shoulder. "oh, eds, messing with you will never not be fun," he winked through his heavily prescribed glasses.

"barf me out, tozier-"

"my pleasure," he smiled. stan walked out of the bathroom, seemingly getting finished from brushing his teeth. his eyes widened when he noticed bill was here. and richie, too, as he didn't know either of them had walked in.

"h-hey stan," bill smiled, standing from the boy's bed. stan smiled, running his hands along his shirt to take out the wrinkles (that were nonexistent in the first place). "wuh-we were coming oh-over to walk tuh-to buh-buh-breakfast together." he gestured to himself and richie.

stan's grin grew as he nodded. "sounds good. eddie, get dressed quick," he said, motioning down to the pair of loose shorts and tank top the boy was wearing. eddie's face grew red as he noticed richie staring, obviously in a joking way, because that was richie.

he stood up and took a shirt and shorts to the bathroom, changing into them quickly. he, of course, snapped on his fanny pack and messed with his hair lightly before walking out. "alright, hotstuff, let's get-a-move on!" richie smiled, holding out his hand for eddie to take.

"gag me with a spoon," he replied, pushing his hand out of the way as he walked past richie. the boy caught up, though, and they began to walk to the cafeteria. bill and stan were somehow forgotten in stan's cabin.

"thuh-they would be vuh-very cute," bill joked, giggling shortly. stan smiled, too, shrugging a little. there was silence as the two boys stared at each other, a few feet away. bill coughed, looking down and rubbing the back of his neck to break the eye contact. "wuh-wuh-we should g-go."

"yeah," stan replied, walking out of the cabin with bill at his side. no words were exchanged the whole walk to the building, just a few shy glances and red faces to share.

.

"eddie, what the fuck are you eating?" richie glared at the boy as he set his tray down next to him. eddie furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he looked over. richie sat down.

"it's called spaghetti, dipstick," he rolled his eyes, taking a bite off his fork. richie pulled a disgusted face.

"spaghetti in the morning ? what kind of bodacious dweeb like you be doing eating dinner for breakfast?" he asked, looking eddie up and down as the word "bodacious" slipped his mouth. eddie's face started getting warm.

he shrugged. "you have a problem with it, tozier?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"no, no, eddie spaghetti, you do what you please." he watched as stan and bill make their way over, "and i'll do stan's mom, am i right?" he laughed loud, watching as stan stopped in his tracks and stared at richie annoyingly.

"chill out with the mom jokes, richie. they aren't good if you do them every two minutes," he rolled his eyes, setting down his stuff. bill did the same, sitting in between him and eddie.

richie chuckled, "just like your-" he stopped himself, noticing stan's angry complexion. "mom," he whispered to himself, stuffing his face with a huge bite of waffle.  eddie sighed as he decided to start a proper conversation with richie.

"what do you want to do after breakfast?" he asked, the boy with glasses shrugging. he was clearly in a bad mood now. "do you want to come to my cabin? maybe just us can hang out, and stan could be with bill or mike?" he asked.

he knew he didn't want to do this. he knew it. then why did he say it? he needed to make richie feel better, that's all. richie perked up lightly. "sounds delicious, eddie spaghetti," he smiled a little, eddie pressing his lips together. he didn't know if he made the right choice or not.

"that okay, stan?" eddie asked, turning to the boy. he shot him a confused glare. "richie is going to come over to our cabin, and you and bill can do something? so it's like, just me and rich," he stated clearly. stan's felt the blood rush to his cheeks as he nodded.

he was going to be alone with bill. just him and bill. it sounded perfect to him, and he couldn't wait until breakfast. richie couldn't, either. he ate as fast as he could, throwing away his trash as well as eddie's (even though he wasn't finished).

"ready to go, eds?" he asked with much enthusiasm. eddie sighed lightly, somehow a grin forming on his face as he nodded.

"ready as i'll ever be, trashmouth," he winked lightly, the two standing up as they walked together, out of the building.

stan and bill were alone at the table, mike deciding to sit with beverly marsh today instead of the guys. "ah-are you d-done?" bill asked. stan nodded, the boys both smiling stupidly to themselves. they were both excited to hang out alone.

they took up their trays and began to walk back to bill's cabin silently, the two exchanging small glances, but never speaking a word.