♤ Flowers ♤

There were a lot of reasons about why i didn't like my name. The very first reason was because my name was the name of a flower.

Buttercups.

Buttercups are small little yellow flowers that look very cute but even though i love those flowers, i didn't like the fact that that was my name.

Blossom's name meant the cherry blossoms while Bubbles's name meant the bubbles made by blowing through the loop hole. The names that were given to them matched them but mine didn't.

I do not look cute.

I do not act like a girly girl.

I am not fragile.

And i absolutely do not look as beautiful as a flower.

Why did my father gave me this name, i have no idea. I even asked him once and his answer was this:

"You will find out yourself soon my dear Buttercup. You are a smart girl."

If i was a smart girl i would have gotten an A on every exam i had but i am not like Blossom. I swear my father says the most weirdest things.

As i went to my locker, Butch came out of nowhere and said 'Hi.' I nodded my head, signalling that i heard him and took out my gym items. While i was taking my things out, he started talking to me.

"Hey, Buttercups, did you-"

I immediately slam the locker door close as i glared at Butch.

"Stop calling me that. I hate it."

And started walking away, not caring about Butch who was behind me. When he finally caught up to me, he turned me around and hold me with his hands around my shoulder blades.

"Why do you hate your name, Buttercup?"

He asked me as his eyes holded concern and sadness.

Wait- Sadness?

"I... Buttercup is a small yellow flower. I found that out when i searched up my name up on Google. I got irritated because im not a flower. Im not delicate and fragile. Im strong."

Silence got between us before he put his hands down.

"Can i tell you something?"

I look up to him in curiosity as he looked at somewhere with a far away look.

"I also didn't like my name. At least not until last year when i searched my name on the internet. Butch sounded like 'Butcher', like those people who chop meat or kill animals. I didn't want to be a person who killed animals or chop their meat up to pieces."

He look back at me and my heart skipped a beat.

"But when i searched up the meaning of Butch out of boredom, they gave me the meaning of 'appearance typically seen as masculine'. I didn't know that until now. Thats how i like my name."

I look away as he continued to stare at me.

"Buttercup is a flower, yes. But did you know that Buttercups can kill? They may looks small and fragile but all kinds of Buttercups are poisonous, which makes them so strong and attractive. Now do you know why you are named Buttercup?"

I look at back with my brows furrowed.

"Your father wanted to name you that because he wanted to make you strong. Just like how Buttercups are strong because they are poisonous."

My mind slowly processed that through and i understood everything. I look at him for a while before sighing.

"Fine. I lose."

I look at him for a second before i left.

"Hey Buttercup!"

I raised an eyebrow and turned behind.

"You are beautiful. Just like that flower."

Hey peeps its Hitsuma! Decided to put this up because this oneshot actually meant something to me.

So when i was young(and still am) i didnt like my name. Im not gonna tell you my real name but to me it sounded ugly because when i said it out, it didnt sound nice on my tongue.

Or any other person's tongue.

It always sounded ugly. Which then i didnt understand, why did my mother gave me this name? Im not ugly... am i? Everybody has pretty names like Miranda or Janette. Why couldnt i have a pretty name?

So i didnt think of asking her until i watched an episode of 'Smile! Precure'. I decided to ask her after that and the reply she gave me shocked me.

"It means beautiful and intelligent."

After that day, i started cherishing my name. 'Beautiful and Intelligent.' I started hoping of becoming just like my name.

I made this oneshot because i searched Buttercup's name on Google and thought 'oh she may have felt the same way as me'. Buttercup was potrayed the strongest among the trio but her name was depicted from a flower.

I couldn't imagine how shocked she would have been if she searched it up.

So i decided to use her. Also because she is my favourite character.

Thank you for listening to me rant. And also for reading for this oneshot. Btw, all the things said about Buttercup's name is true. If you want you can search it up on the internet.

Bye bye~