16|| Just One

The day that followed was one that hadn't held much... pizazz, as those from earth would put it. I had done my daily route whilst of course staying fairly distant from everyone but that task was proven to be a bit more easier as barely anyone would be seen walking around the corridors of the Castle. My only guess would be that they'd all be helping Shiro to try and convince that my own opinions of myself are truly wrong.

  Nonetheless, I walked around and even took some time to linger in the Nature Room to explore the different plants and learn of their functions and properties. There were some fairly interesting plants that peaked my interest which lead me to linger longer than intended.

  By the time I had decided to leave my body was close to colliding with Hunk's. He shyly smiled at me, putting his fisted hand down to his side allowing it to open. We stood in front of one another in silence, I for one felt rather uncomfortable as neither one of us said a single word to each other and I could see that Hunk seemed to be at lost for words as sweat could be seen starting to form.

  He coughed. "Sorry about that Lily, I'm just a bit nervous."

  "I understand how you feel. No need to explain your reasoning."

  "Right," Hunk breathed. "Anyhow Shiro sent me to get you. He's got quite the surprise for you." stepping to the side Hunk motioned his head in a signal to say 'come on' or 'follow me' to which I obey.

  We walked side by side, Hunk making small talk that was completely uncomfortable for the both of us. Although his efforts were quite amusing to me, Hunk would stutter at points and leave words hanging. It reminded me much of how I was before meeting them and before the accident, a time when not all was too terrible.

  Hunk asked me questions, being careful to not ask of personal things that could send me in a mood. With each question asked the faster or easier it was for me to answer, he'd ask questions that were fairly easy to answer and slowly started to climb up the scale towards more complex questions, all whilst being sure to not ask anything too personal. It was quite admirable of him to do so.

  Took me long to realize that the Castle was no longer in space but resting on another planet. By the time the realization came to me, myself and Hunk were already outside where nature has enveloped me in one large warm hug that made me smile and wag my tail just a bit.

  "Lily! Hey! Over here!" Waving me down was none other than Lance, his large goofy smile as Kieth shook his head but I couldn't miss the smile of admiration that lingered on his lips.

  Hunk and I started walking towards them, the feeling of natural fresh soil and fresh green grass under my feet was enough to make me drop on the ground and sleep forever. The urge to do so was almost impossible, almost though. I managed to contain myself and continue to walk head forward towards the Paladins, also noticing that Coran and the Princess were missing.

  "Glad Hunk managed to find you," said Shiro.

  "Yeah, took me a while to figure out where this Nature Room was since the Castle is so huge with the weirdest things and all."

  "Now why out here?" I asked, bringing everything to the topic at hand.

  "Well for one," Shiro started. "The Castle is still having trouble since you did quite the number on the core and this was the only place closest to land. And also because I know how much nature is something you admire the most so go ahead."

  "Excuse me?"

  "You heard me," he touched a long ear of mine. "These ears hear everything. Go on and run around or something. You deserve it."