24|| In the End

I casted a glance back at the group, seeing them all bundled up in a fairly large room sleeping away. Coran had an arm wrapped around Princes Allura who had an arm propped up and left on it whilst the other was hanging off. On the other side of Coran was Lance leaning on the Altean, on top of Lance was Keith sleeping on his lap, both of them holding hands as they slept. On the ground was Shiro, his head against a leg of Coran. Cuddled on his lap was where I once slept but now Pidge step there with a smile. And Hunk laid half on his side and half on his stomach with an arm draped over Shiro's leg and his head sleeping on Shiro's leg as a pillow.

It sadden me a bit, having to leave them all but this was the only choice. After arriving in the Castle, after leaving the remains of the battle between Voltron and myself versus the Galra I started to question of who I really am. Am I some monster, the monster that the Galra Empire wanted me to be or am I the Lily that this group has shaped me into being? Staying in the Castle would prove to be simpler but being confined in these walls wouldn't help me to learn who I am.

My time from when Shiro had rescued me and to now made me different. I've felt the compassion one should have towards a group of people, towards a family. I know what it feels like to fight for those that I deeply care for. I know that bloodlust still courses through my veins, that no matter how many times I tell myself there isn't any I'll never fully convince myself. I'm someone that I don't even recognize anymore.

But without this group I wouldn't have learned so many things. Like how to feel the warmth of others. How to care. How to protect those that I care for. To learn what it feels like to care for one more deeply than the others.

They won't be happy to wake up to find an absence of me. They'll most likely search around for me, maybe not. To me it won't matter, because in the end whether they care about me then and now I'll always care for them. Always watching and making sure that they're all safe without the group knowing it.

"Goodbye," I whispered pulling the pack back in place on my shoulders.

I walked out heading towards the extra Altean jets in a docking bay. One had been modified to my liking, one that couldn't be tracked, not even Pidge or Hunk being able to find it. Although I might just use it for a one way trip to a planet, abandon it and get my own ride to fly around to planets finding the answer as to who I am.

Before flying out of the Castle docking bay I casted one last glance. A soft smile coming over my face as the jet turned on and flew out of the Castle docking bay. I'll see them one day. A day that might bring us all together to end the war against the Galra, or maybe we'll see each other again for other reasons, those that faith can only explain.

"Perhaps one day
we will meet again
as characters in
a different story,
maybe we'll share
a lifetime then."

~pavana

To be continued...