01: a party to never forget

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

"Talk to me, Scott," I begged with all my heart. I could see by my boyfriend's face that he wasn't okay. He was stressed and unfocused about anything else than his thoughts. His blue eyes, which I could easily dive into, didn't have the bright they used to, even in the dark. They were opaque.

Something happened yesterday but he wouldn't tell me what. He was ignoring me the whole ride to Caroline's party.

I knew what he had been through with his mom and father's absence so I always worried a lot when he shut me out. We based our relationship on trust and we couldn't lose that. 

Besides his well-being, I had to keep my kingdom intact; everyone needed to think we're perfect and that meant, keeping my boyfriend in place.

"Please," I begged again, taking one of his hands into mine.

"I can't, Alison. I need to pay attention to the road," he simply answered, taking his hand out of mine. He wasn't really focusing on just driving; my boyfriend just didn't want to talk at all.

I tried to turn the radio on to avoid the awkward silence that was being formed but Scott simply didn't let me. There was tension in the air. Neither of us knew what to say or how to act. And to help everything, it started to rain outside.

The first thought that went through my mind was that I would get my feet wet. Just great. I knew I should have come with black ankle boots but my mother told me not to, so there I was with my favorite pair of stilettos. A jet black strappy one.

Looking outside to the neighborhood I knew so well was getting tiring and since I had nothing to do until we reached Caroline's house, I began to pay attention to Scott like I did all the time when I needed reassurance that everything would be okay.

Scott was wearing his favorite black polo shirt that was tight in the right places and he also donned a pair of black pants. His light brown hair was messy just how I liked it and his eyes were trying to pay attention at the street. His jawline was sharp and perfect. He wasn't super muscular, but he still had abs that anyone would want to check out. At least, I did.

Everything on him was perfect; his laugh, his hair, his chest.

He needed to be.

We were the perfect duo.

"Could you stop looking at me like that?" He whispered to me, instantly pulling me back from my thoughts.

"How?" I chuckled, trying so hard to break the awkward heavy atmosphere that was in the car.

"Like that, with your pretty eyes," Scott explained, his tender eyes looking at me for the slightest moment and it still made me blush. He always told me that he liked the color of my eyes because, depending on the light, they were blue and in others, green.