13: goodbyes

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

S C O T T

Do you know that massive headache that just doesn't go away after a night of drinking and fun?

Well, that was what I had for the third period. After waking up in Ashley's bedroom, clothes all over the place, I left without saying goodbye or even bothering to say good morning. We both agreed that it meant nothing and I knew I just slept with her because of Alison. 

Always her.

I arrived at school and didn't bother to flirt with the girls or talk to the boys, heading straight to class. 

While walking down the hallway, some people stared at me like they felt pity, like they could see through me and find the broken boy that I wanted to hide so badly. The boy whose mother abandoned him and whose beloved girlfriend left him like he was nothing.

I wish I was still with Alison so I wouldn't have to hide anymore.

I wish everything went back to normal so I wouldn't need to shut everyone out again.

But only wishing doesn't take you anywhere. But again I wish it did.

I was sitting in Chemistry class, the strong headache never stopping to pound, when she entered.

My ex-girlfriend was gorgeous with her dark brown hair and blue-green eyes that I used to love and drown myself into. My heart slammed fast against my chest and I was so scared that someone could have heard it.

I missed her so much. I missed our talks near Midnight, our dates, and her laugh.

I loved it when she truly laughed because it was real. Since we were popular, we needed to fake a smile, fake emotions, fake everything but when it came to us as a couple, we hid nothing, we were a safe harbor to each other. Our relationship was real, well...

I thought it was.

Flashbacks from that night take my mind in the exact minute and the headache just seems to get stronger. We couldn't be together and the feeling of having my heart ripped away was something I wanted to forget.

Still, I tried to remind myself that she was the one that caused all of this.

I tried to be angry and hate her.

But I couldn't. Even if we didn't end up together again, I would want her to be happy.

She sat next to me, the only spot available, and I analyzed her all the way, my eyes flickering with pain. Alison noticed as she stared back, a faith smile written all over her full lips. 

I saw when she wrote something on a piece of paper, ignoring the class that was going on and I knew that wasn't typical of Ali. She always paid attention, even if the teacher was talking about random stuff.