16: dear alison,

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

   S C O T T

Three months later...

I have a pen in my hand and a paper on my black desk but I manage to write just two words for almost ten minutes.

Dear Alison,

And then I'm stuck, writing nothing on the paper. This is so fucking difficult and I wonder how people managed to write letters in the past. Lots of moments, thoughts and feelings are hard to put on paper. Really hard.

My phone rings on my grey jacket pocket, giving me some peace from everything that is going through my mind. I take it away and a name flashes from the dark screen, making me slightly happier. Emphasis on slightly. She is not enough, never will be.

Caroline

I answer it in the second beat, being greeted by her loud and excited voice.

"Hey, Babe." I can imagine her, trying to pose as sexy and batting her eyelashes non-stop. She was trying so hard to get my attention that it only annoyed me even more but there was something about her that I couldn't resist, she used to be my girlfriend's best friend. I found being around Carol a temptation. She was a way of connecting again with Alison.

Was it selfish as hell? Maybe but it sure felt relieving.

"Hey, Carol. Want something?" I say, tapping the pencil on the desk anxiously.

"Just wondering if you wanted to hang out." I roll my eyes at the exact moment she finishes. It couldn't be the worst idea. She tried these past months to flirt, suggesting me to date her. I wouldn't have a relationship with Carol after I just broke up with what I thought was the love life.

"I can't, Carol. I have sch-" She interrupts me before I can say no.

"Cody will be there. It's not a date, I m-mean if you wa-want it to be then it's alr-alright." Carol choke a little at the last sentence, clearly embarrassed.

"Where do you want to meet?" I ask, mentally telling myself that I just signed a death wish.

If Alison ever finds out I stayed friends with Caroline, I will be screwed.

Thank god she is not here to see this.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Meeting at Johnny Rockets wasn't exactly the type of hang out I was imagining when it came from Caroline. Maybe a club or someone's party would be ideal for her but a restaurant inspired on the '50s definitely wasn't.

I enter the classic atmosphere expecting to see her and Cody seating in a booth or in a table of four but what I saw was only Carol in a table for two. She sure fooled me, saying that one of my best friends were coming.