10: trying to forget

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

S C O T T

"Point for me," I smirked because of my victory and she just rolled her beautiful blue-green eyes.

We were close and for a moment I forgot we weren't a couple anymore. Her caramel brown hair was on her face and without even blinking, I put it behind her ear. We touched for the first time in days and it drove me crazy. I just wanted to smash my lips onto hers.

Only if I could. I thought as I realized what I had just done. I wasn't her boyfriend.

"Well, we see each other at school." That's all I could say before getting further and leaving without waiting for her reply.

I ran back to my house, with no other thought than the one where I wished that Caroline's party had never happened. Even if Alison didn't truly love me, I didn't need to be cheated on like that.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I opened our dark wooded door. 

"Hi, Scott!" My aunt replied back from the kitchen where she was making dinner, her voice tender.

She was setting the table up. Her red hair was in a ponytail and her beautiful brown eyes were warm and welcoming when she looked in my direction. She was stunning as always. Aunt Jessica smiled as I entered and I gave her a kiss on the cheek

I grabbed the plates that were in her hands and I started to place them on the table. Ever since my mom left, my aunt became my safe harbor. She was 15 years older than her sister but she still came to live with my father and me.

"I can do it." She raised an eyebrow and I chuckled, my sudden act of help seeming suspicious as fuck. I just wanted to focus my mind on something else than what happened earlier. 

"Who are you and what did you do with my nephew?" Aunt Jessica mocked me as I set the table up and all I did was laugh. She continued preparing the food but never leaving her eyes on me.

"Done!" I exclaimed, smiling proudly at my work. It felt good to be home.

"You can go now. I call you when it's ready." She told me as I got a Coke on the fridge and sat down on the brown leather stool in front of the balcony.

"Is Dad coming?" I asked, deep inside wishing he would come at least today but I truly didn't have any hope. He was always working so it wouldn't be a surprise if he didn't come before midnight.

She sighed and I immediately knew the answer. I wanted not to care and I thought that after a while it would get easier, but I always ended up cursing underneath my breath, my heart sinking for not having him next to me when I needed the most. 

"I got it," I mumbled before drinking a sip from the freezing soda.

"You took a little longer to exercise this time," my aunt remarked, just because I was trying so hard to forget about Alison.