Separate Ways

~One Month Later~

It had been a month since Yugi, Yami, and Atemu had returned to Domino from their ski vacation.

As Yugi had said, they had gotten their own apartment in Domino, so they were now living separate from Solomon.

Once he had gotten back, Yugi had gone right into his ice-skating practicing, which took up the majority of Yugi's time.

Yami and Atemu found it much harder than they originally thought to be away from Yugi so much. They hadn't expected Yugi to be away from them as much as he was, and that made them rather unhappy.

* * * * *

Yami was sitting on the couch with his arms crossed. "When we convinced Yugi to take ice skating back up, I had no idea that it would mean that we would see him maybe three hours a day, not including the time we're asleep." Yami said.

Atemu walked over and sat down by Yami, wrapping his arms around him. "I know how you feel, Yami. I feel the same way. Yugi warned us that it would take up a lot of his time, but I suppose we didn't realize just how much time it would take." Atemu said.

Yami sighed. "I just wish that we had more time with him." Yami said.

Atemu smiled. "Well, Yugi did say that there would be a few months each year that we would be able to spend more time together." Atemu said.

"Yeah. Unfortunately, those months are March through June, which means we have eight months before that." Yami said.

"Look at the bright side. Once we start college, we'll be busy, so we won't think about it so much." Atemu said.

"I suppose so." Yami said as he leaned against Atemu.

"Besides, Yugi's happy doing this, so we need to make sure he knows that we support him all that way." Atemu said.

"I do, Atemu. I guess the problem is that I wish we could be alone more with him." Yami said.

"As in the bedroom." Atemu said.

"Not just that. Just being alone without interruptions and without Yugi falling asleep because he is so tired." Yami said.

"I see your point, and I know how you feel. We'll just have to go along with this since it is Yugi's career." Atemu said.

"Yeah. Maybe we can get some alone time with him here and there." Yami said.

"Maybe." Atemu agreed.

* * * * *

Yugi had just finished a routine, and he went to sit down on the bench.

Seymour walked over to him. "Excellent, Yugi. We almost have one of your routines down pat. We can start the second one soon." Seymour said.

"Thanks." Yugi said. He picked up a bottle of water and started to drink from it.

"So, we'll continue practicing this one today, and hopefully, we'll be able to start on the next routine tomorrow." Seymour said.

"Seymour, I know how hard the ice skating world is, and I know that constant practice is necessary for a skater to succeed." Yugi said.

"But?" Seymour prodded, knowing that there was a but coming.

"We have two months before the ice skating season starts, and I would like a few days to spend with my friends." Yugi said.

"Yugi-" Seymour started.

Yugi held up a hand. "I know how important this is, but a lot of them are leaving for other places, and I won't be able to see them much anymore. I'd just like to be able to spend time with them so that I am able to give them a proper good-bye, not one over the phone or through an e-mail." Yugi said, explaining his feelings.