Chapter I

When I was six years old my mom and dad packed me up and we moved to the south. Dad got a job offer and of course he took it. I don't blame him. But maybe , just maybe if he didn't I wouldn't be in the mess I was right now. What mess you ask? Let me explain.

    My mom would always take me and my sister to the park on the days dad was working overtime. My sister Isabel and I loved playing on the swing set so when we moved she tried to keep the tradition alive. It was our top favorite and we always raced to get the good swings. Us being new , all of the kids would stare. The community was small and everyone knew each other. We didn't mind the stares though. Suddenly this boy about seven comes running toward us.
" my friend thinks your pretty" He told me and pointed to his friend who was running after him.
" shut up buttface!" The kid screamed and punched his friend in the arm. Isabel and I laughed at them.
" hi I'm Elizabeth and this is Isabel!" I introduced us both. The boy that had been running wouldn't stop staring at me. I had learned his name was Jax and his friends name was Jared.
     We played for what seemed like ever , until it was time to go. As I said my goodbyes , jax had a complete meltdown not wanting me to leave as his mom pulled him away from us , apologizing to my mom.
     So basically , that is how this all started. As we grew up we became best friends. Although he was very protective over me and still is I've never thought anything of it. He was just being a good friend. So at this moment I don't quite understand why I'm having to haul him away from who ever this guy is across the lunch room. We were only talking but once jax saw he was like a raging bull.
" Jax please , come on" I begged as I tugged his arm.
" she's mine fuck face" Jax growled towards the blonde boy as his eyes widened. She's mine. I love when he says that. It causes flutters in my stomach. If only he meant it like I wanted him to. Jax was more of a hit it and quit it guy. Although he never tried anything with me. I'm guessing it's because all of the other girls he gets are so much prettier than me. He's way out of my league. He walks with me as I clutch his arm making sure he doesn't go back and punch him in the face. Pulling him out of the university I turn around sharply and put my hands on my hips.
" what the hell was that Jax!?" I yell at him. I can see his anger is rising and he clenches his fists only to unclench them several times.
" he was fucking hitting on you Ellie!" He screams back angrily.
" so what if he was? Why would it matter? I'm single if you haven't noticed" I roll my eyes.
" Ellie" he begins to warn me.
" don't Ellie me Jax. You can't control who I talk to. You don't have that right! I will talk to any guy I fucking want to. I know you are my best friend but you have to stop being so controlling" I say exasperated.
" no" he growls. " im protecting you , dammit how many times do I have to say it!?" He grabs my face between his large hands as he looks into my eyes. Before I know it he is stalking away , muttering to himself. I sigh , rolling my eyes and turn around to see a little audience has gathered. I make the "shoo" motion with my hands as they begin to scatter and make my way back to my dorm room. I'm going to take a much needed nap. I know Jax will come back , he always does.